RD 2, Pick 38: OT Cody Ford, Oklahoma

SDS

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well they did bring in what 5 OL in FA?

And we brought in a wide out, slot receiver, and TE.  So the skill positions were not neglected.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Hope they play him at Guard tbh - I'll be the guy with all the confused and sad faces here, but I was one in the Risner pool over Ford. I wasn't a fan of his lack of quick feet for being a Tackle in the NFL attempting to handle the new speed power based edge rushers, and I felt Risner was the much more complete Tackle with even greater utility value as well. My inclination is they will try and start Ford at RT as an immediate upgrade given the Guard depth we added in FA, but they may look to fill him in at both.

Before I garner all the hatred of the board, Ford is a great OL talent that still needs refinement at the next level, but I must say that at the end of the day I'm still happy with this pick and even happier we didn't give up too much to move up two spots.

What you say makes sense to me. I'm happy with either one, but would like to know the basis for the Bill's decision. They will never get into it tho.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

And we brought in a wide out, slot receiver, and TE.  So the skill positions were not neglected.

As mentioned above, if you think brown, Beasley and an injured TE no one's heard of is the answer, we'll have to agree to disagree.

25 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Really good player.  Could have been a first rounder. 

Wonder why why we we traded up two slots from 40 to 38 fir him?   Was Tampa going to take him at 39

Kalsu, I think on the first page someone linked to a tweet that it really seemed like, yeah, Tampa might have been interested in taking him.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

100% agree. 

I agree with the final 8, just who knows what the sequence will be....I personally think Nsekhe will get a shot to start at guard or even tackle if Cody is kicked to guard.

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You really need to calm down.

You do realize you can't get everything in one draft.

Plus, how is Allen going to throw to the skill player you want if he is on his back?

I've been pounding the walls for skill position talent since day one. But from my very limited knowledge I've gotten the sense this draft is weak in skill position players. Add in the fact that Beane did make a play for Brown and ODB to some extent. Possibly a sign he didn't see a chance for a marquee WR in the draft and was exploring other avenues.

I'll criticise picking positions that aren't a pressing need, or are not as impactful to the game. But I will never criticize the trenches. If you don't love Metcalf keep beefing us up on the lines. The trenches collectively make EVERYONE better.

And we can search for weapons when the opportunity arrives. Lots of holes. Be opportunistic. Don't force it.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Not to attack you but stop dealing with idiots. There are people who just want to complain.

He's actually a good guy and a solid Bills fan.  Joe just isn't looking at the big picture...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Risner better, but I do like Fords nastiness. He's the anti Dillard, which I'm good with. Our offensive line is very big. 

Every G and T signed this year were 6'4" and over 320. Risner didn't fit size archetype.  Dean Kindig pointed this out a couple weeks ago.  

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1

I have to say, this regime sure is looking like they know what the hell their doing.

I know, let the draft/camp/preseason pass before we know what this off season/draft molds in to. it sure does have the feel of something special is beginning to unfold with this franchise.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1