RD 2, Pick 38: OT Cody Ford, Oklahoma

SDS

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Right some WR who  can block and has a high motor,  Sean is loser and this pick is on him.  They have garbage at wr and still do

If you don't have an 0-line does it matter how great your WRs are?

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yup. Back to the stone ages. Don't have anyone to throw to. Just all the OL and two senior RB.

Are you benching John Brown, Robert Foster or Cole Beasley for Dookie Metcalf?

DK is Stephen Hill all over again.

Protect your franchise. Let him make plays with his legs and arm.

Ford is a starting LG for a decade and can swing to T if needed. Great pick.

You get a Qb and build inside out.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 6

I saw some speculation that Buffalo was interested in finding a left tackle in the draft.  Cody Ford Blows that speculation out of the water.  Buffalo is going to have a big, strong offensive line this year.  I think I recall Ford did not have stellar numbers at the combine, either in the weight room or on the field.  He's got some work to do, but he's a solid technician.  He plays strong even though he didn't test great.

10 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He can play guard or right tackle.

Hope they play him at Guard tbh - I'll be the guy with all the confused and sad faces here, but I was one in the Risner pool over Ford. I wasn't a fan of his lack of quick feet for being a Tackle in the NFL attempting to handle the new speed power based edge rushers, and I felt Risner was the much more complete Tackle with even greater utility value as well. My inclination is they will try and start Ford at RT as an immediate upgrade given the Guard depth we added in FA, but they may look to fill him in at both.

Before I garner all the hatred of the board, Ford is a great OL talent that still needs refinement at the next level, but I must say that at the end of the day I'm still happy with this pick and even happier we didn't give up too much to move up two spots.

Edited by ctk232

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Love this pick.  He’s a stud.  Still hoping we move up again for a WR, but can’t fault them for getting Ford, he’s a beast and love it

I trust their evaluation before my own.  I wanted a WR, mostly Harry and Samuel.  But like you said, we can't fault them for making a terrible offensive line become a strength. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MTLBills said:

Loving our oline. I’m sure they’ll find the right combination. 

My guess, to start

LT: Dawkins 

LG: Spain 

C : Morse 

RG: Long

RT: Ford 

Swing: Nsekhe

Backups: Feliciano, Waddle

Could be.  I think Feliciano could really push to start at G. 

So much better than last year.  

So everyone thinks this is for going to the Stone Age if running all over. 

Just remember here here was your OT for the Heisman Winning 1st overall QB. 

Ooo also the blocker for Baker Mayfield last year. 

This is Lock is still about Allen. 

• Like (+1) 3