2nd Day Rumors

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Dunno why the hostility from pointing out I didn't like the pick, or why.

McCoy had fewer rush yards. That Bills O line last season was one of the very worst that I can recall. The Bills offense overall surrounding the QB was far worse IMO.

Relax willya, I don't hate the kid. I just didn't want him in Buffalo.

All I said was whether or not we/they got the right QB is TBD.  You decided to reply with reasons why Darnold isn’t the guy.  I defended him by saying the jets suck and that’s why he sucked. Not sure why that’s hostile?

Did “who’s point are you trying to prove” come off as hostile?

19 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I wanted these guys. we need to screw the Jets

Hey Manish, they’re not getting into top 10 of this round without giving up a 2020 1st rounder or a player who’s a hell of a lot better than Lee.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Whether or not they got the wrong QB is still debatable.  I think he’s going to be an excellent QB long term

He's a great prospect though it's going to be harder for him to prove it if they keep trading away draft picks.

Just now, Reader said:

He's a great prospect though it's going to be harder for him to prove it if they keep trading away draft picks.

For sure.  I do love McCoy though.  If he’s the guy they want, trading away something other than next year’s first, might be a great move.  Might cost that 1st though

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All I said was whether or not we/they got the right QB is TBD.  You decided to reply with reasons why Darnold isn’t the guy.  I defended him by saying the jets suck and that’s why he sucked. Not sure why that’s hostile?

Did “who’s point are you trying to prove” come off as hostile?

I'm not trying to prove any point!

All I did was say that I thought they drafted the wrong QB at #3. Meaning I liked Josh Allen more. 

And you jumped to his defense. Would you rather they drafted Allen and the Bills selected Darnold?

14 minutes ago, GG said:

Hey Manish, they’re not getting into top 10 of this round without giving up a 2020 1st rounder or a player who’s a hell of a lot better than Lee.

i can't say it's true or not but i'm hearing Q. Williams might be in play.

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

All I did was say that I thought they drafted the wrong QB at #3. Meaning I liked Josh Allen more. 

And you jumped to his defense. Would you rather they drafted Allen and the Bills selected Darnold?

I defended him, because I believe he’s going to be goods possibly better than Allen.  I love allen.  I glad he’s our QB.....but the jury is still out........that was my point.  And it is.  The jury is still out.

13 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He's going to be a very good one.

Darnold will be a very good quarterback. 

My belief is that Allen will have more success because of the organizational structure he has around him versus what Darnold has. I’ll take Beane/McDermott/our defense over McCagnan?/Gase/Jets Defense. 

Also watching the Jets supposedly trying to spend more draft capital after doing it last year just seems foolhardy. I have little faith in that organization’s ability to surround Darnold with a competent team.

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

What's funny is that the Jets were probably trying to trade back to recoup the three #2s they used to move up from #6 to #3 last year to snag Darnold.

And then they got the wrong QB :P

Three #2s, they so overpaid for that move up for three spots.

They do have two threes this year.

EDIT: they probably want a TE or WR, perhaps a OT as so many good ones are still there!

Whether or not the Jets got the "wrong" QB is undecided. Darnold's passes are much more consistently accurate than Allen's, but Josh may turn out to be the best scrambler of his generation. Josh also has a stronger arm.

31 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Yes.

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

What's funny is that the Jets were probably trying to trade back to recoup the three #2s they used to move up from #6 to #3 last year to snag Darnold.

And then they got the wrong QB :P

Three #2s, they so overpaid for that move up for three spots.

They do have two threes this year.

EDIT: they probably want a TE or WR, perhaps a OT as so many good ones are still there!

And who would have been the right QB?

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I know he is a jet but I really dont see the need to slam Darnold

So many of these things about QBs rely on what they do AROUND the QB in order for them to be successful

Hes a pick machine.    He’s a jet.   

Hope he fails.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hes a pick machine.    He’s a jet.   

Hope he fails.   

Was not a fan pre-draft and remain underwhelmed. He had a solid rookie season, but I could see his INT's soar as they open up the playbook.

• Like (+1) 2