2nd Day Rumors

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Option 2 here is my vote. I bet they'll move one of the 7th's to move up in the 4th or 5th when the TE run starts too.

Edited by Juice_32

I wish I knew what the Texans wanted for Clowney.  If he could be had for a mid-round pick this year and a pick next year, I look into adding him to our or D-Line.  Then come away with a great 2nd round pick tonight and see where things are at after that.  I just have no idea what Houston is thinking about for Clowney.  We have the money to pay him and it would give us one of the best D-Lines (and defense) in the NFL.  Take an offensive player at 40 and let's get to work.

Edited by sven233

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did I start these rumors?

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I disagree - both with the Jimmy Johnson chart in 2019, and the premise. Look at the return on the trades up into the back end of the first last night. 37, 132, and 142 bought pick 30. 45 & 79 bought 31 & 203.

If we wanted to move up from 74 into round 2 it would probably be something along the lines of 74, 131, & 147. That would be roughly in line with what we saw last night to pop up to the 55-60 range. If we wanted to keep 74, but get another day 2 pick then 112, 131, and 158 would likely get us another selection in the mid to late 3rd. Or we could see a combination. 74, 131, & 181 to the Chargers for pick 60. Then 112, 147, and 158 to the Ravens for 85. Obviously it would be player driven, but that's just one scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I wish I knew what the Texans wanted for Clowney.  If he could be had for a mid-round pick this year and a pick next year, I look into adding him to round out or D-Line.  Then come away with a great 2nd round pick tonight and see where things are at after that.  I just have no idea what Houston is thinking about for Clowney.  We have the money to pay him and it would give us one of the best D-Lines (and defense) in the NFL.  Take an offensive player at 40 and let's get to work.

I would quickly hand over 40 for the rights to clowney

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

cool, lots liked Darnold.

I didn't like Darnold or Rosen as the former had 22 turnovers in 2017 at USC (13 INT's, nine fumbles) and the latter was noted to be not so durable.

Darnold was on a pace to break Peyton Mannings rookie interception record until his injury last year and he went 4-9 with the Jets. 

Peyton Manning’s rookie interception record. Who’s point are you trying to prove?

The jets had a horrid front 7last year.  Bad OL and limited WRs.  Crowell as their rb. I mean.....how many wins did you expect out of them last year?  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I wish I knew what the Texans wanted for Clowney.  If he could be had for a mid-round pick this year and a pick next year, I look into adding him to round out or D-Line.  Then come away with a great 2nd round pick tonight and see where things are at after that.  I just have no idea what Houston is thinking about for Clowney.  We have the money to pay him and it would give us one of the best D-Lines (and defense) in the NFL.  Take an offensive player at 40 and let's get to work.

I would not trade any picks next year.  The 2020 draft is supposed to be rich in skill positions.  We only have 6 picks as it is.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think it really depends on if you want a guy like Metcalf or not...he isnt going to last much further

but if the bills are not that high on him I agree.....sit till 40.....then start thinking about using later picks to get back up into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Honestly.....I am a big Cody Ford fan.....I think that guy is a beast and i think he can play OG or RT.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Whether or not they got the wrong QB is still debatable.  I think he’s going to be an excellent QB long term

I think Darnold will always be a step behind Mayfield and Allen.  Just a gut feeling kind of thing; I don't see the same kind of drive and desire I see in Baker and Josh.

18 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

cool, lots liked Darnold.

I didn't like Darnold or Rosen as the former had 22 turnovers in 2017 at USC (13 INT's, nine fumbles) and the latter was noted to be not so durable.

Darnold was on a pace to break Peyton Mannings rookie interception record until his injury last year and he went 4-9 with the Jets. 

Darnold played at least as well as our QB. I think he is going to be a good one. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I think Darnold will always be a step behind Mayfield and Allen.  Just a gut feeling kind of thing; I don't see the same kind of drive and desire I see in Baker and Josh.

Interesting.  I dunno.  He might be different as he maybe isn’t as rah rah and vocal, but I really liked what I saw from him at times.  I think he’s a good one 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Darnold played at least as well as our QB. I think he is going to be a good one. 

Sadly this is true. 

But Josh still has the potential to be the best of the bunch. And this year he'll be far better supported to take that step forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Interesting.  I dunno.  He might be different as he maybe isn’t as rah rah and vocal, but I really liked what I saw from him at times.  I think he’s a good one 

He might be -- but Josh and Baker have the potential to be great.

9 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Edit: Can someone explain how to get the preview of the tweet showing?

I just go to the twee copy the url and paste it in the reply box and it takes care of the rest.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Awesome! (+1) 1