2nd Day Rumors

What's funny is that the Jets were probably trying to trade back to recoup the three #2s they used to move up from #6 to #3 last year to snag Darnold.

And then they got the wrong QB :P

Three #2s, they so overpaid for that move up for three spots.

They do have two threes this year.

EDIT: they probably want a TE or WR, perhaps a OT as so many good ones are still there!

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

What's funny is that the Jets were probably trying to trade back to recoup the three #2s they used to move up from #6 to #3 last year to snag Darnold.

And then they got the wrong QB :P

Three #2s, they so overpaid for that move up for three spots.

They do have two threes this year.

EDIT: they probably want a TE or WR, perhaps a OT as so many good ones are still there!

Whether or not they got the wrong QB is still debatable.  I think he’s going to be an excellent QB long term

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brian3488 said:

If we stay at 40 i see at least 4 teams before us pulling wide receivers off the board 

Nah, too much talent at CB and OL available.  I'd say two WR go before 40.  SF is a given, and probably one other team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Nah, too much talent at CB and OL available.  I'd say two WR go before 40.  SF is a given, and probably one other team.

Still comes down to grades - if we like one of the WRs way more than the others you may want to pull the trigger.

Last time we did this we did zay over juju tho so... 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Whether or not they got the wrong QB is still debatable.  I think he’s going to be an excellent QB long term

cool, lots liked Darnold.

I didn't like Darnold or Rosen as the former had 22 turnovers in 2017 at USC (13 INT's, nine fumbles) and the latter was noted to be not so durable.

Darnold was on a pace to break Peyton Mannings rookie interception record until his injury last year and he went 4-9 with the Jets. 

Edited by Nihilarian

Stay at 40.  We're getting a great player there.  The board fell about as well as it could have yesterday for us and there is a ton of great talent still there.  So, stay at 40 and make a pick.  Then, if you want to try to trade back into the 2nd, fine.  But with the draft as deep as it is, it may be worth waiting even 1 more round to trade up.  Take a pick at 40 and in round 3 (74).  Then move back into round 3 to take another guy.  I could be talked into moving back into the 2nd and then using our 4th and 5th rounders to try and get back into the 3rd.  Honestly, we only need 4-5 players from this draft.  Might as well make them the best prospects possible.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 10

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Still comes down to grades - if we like one of the WRs way more than the others you may want to pull the trigger.

Last time we did this we did zay over juju tho so... 

Yeah, at this point in the draft, there are a lot of guys with similar grades, especially this year.  If we hang tight at 40, there will be some really good talent available.  Just like we did at 9...

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Looking at the point chart, I don't see how the Bills 4th(70 points) and 5th(32 points), gets them anywhere near the end of the 2nd round(270 points).

It would take the 3rd rounder (74) as well.  Stay at 40, take a guy in Round 3, and then, if you want to, trade back into the 3rd Round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I would love if the Bills shed some of those later picks and move up to get Ford.  That would be another steal to go along with Big Ed. 

Ford is a beast and is also versatile.

• Like (+1) 1