NFL Draft - Day 2 (put your general pick commentary here)

Just now, nikuman said:

...which he did 7 times for 40+ yards and another 8 times for 20+ yards.  Sucks to be slow.

against who bro? who are these elite defenders he was making look foolish with his elite 4.66-speed bro?

My gripe is Devin Singletary has yet to establish himself against elite level competition and you guys are acting like he is shady 2.0.

He is literally a nobody with less than 5000 views on his highlight tape. 

He couldn't make D1

The big name schools didn't want him. 

that matters until proven otherwise and there is only one other player from his division currently killing it in the NFL (Kareem Hunt) and he isn't even top 10. these things matter dude.

stop making excuses for a reach RB pick. Beane and McDermott panicked when they saw the RB run and didn't want to miss their RB the same way they missed their WR.
They had bad 3rd round luck. I believe this will work out in the long run regardlessly. It was suboptimal though. 

I live in Toronto and I'm a Raptors fan. I see this player similarly compared to Fred Van Vleet

FVV was a walk-on point guard from Wichita who got paid big money once he established himself. If he got drafted in the second round, fans would have flipped, yet he didn't, and it worked out and he deserves his respect and his minutes. 

8 minutes ago, c-troop said:

against who bro? who are these elite defenders he was making look foolish with his elite 4.66-speed bro?

My gripe is Devin Singletary has yet to establish himself against elite level competition and you guys are acting like he is shady 2.0.

He is literally a nobody with less than 5000 views on his highlight tape. 

He couldn't make D1

The big name schools didn't want him. 

that matters until proven otherwise and there is only one other player from his division currently killing it in the NFL (Kareem Hunt) and he isn't even top 10. these things matter dude.

stop making excuses for a reach RB pick. Beane and McDermott panicked when they saw the RB run and didn't want to miss their RB the same way they missed their WR.
They had bad 3rd round luck. I believe this will work out in the long run regardlessly. It was suboptimal though. 

I live in Toronto and I'm a Raptors fan. I see this player similarly compared to Fred Van Vleet

FVV was a walk-on point guard from Wichita who got paid big money once he established himself. If he got drafted in the second round, fans would have flipped, yet he didn't, and it worked out and he deserves his respect and his minutes. 

FAU is D1. 

• SDS unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, c-troop said:

Have you seen Alabama's passing distribution?

here I will show you. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pi/shareit/KYHLK

see 4th on that list? that's a TE that put up 700+ rec yards. 

see 2 through 5? they all have around 40 receptions. 

see number 1? has 1300 receiving yards. 

there is no need to make excuses. 

he could be great, we will all wait and see!

just stop making excuses for grown men. they don't need you to defend them.

Understand the point you're trying to make, but don't follow the logic.  Looking at Ole Miss' pass distribution, 72% of the passes went to the top 2 receivers and 85% to the top 3.  Knox saw less than 8% of the receptions.  If passes were distributed more evenly - as you demonstrated that Alabama's were - then Knox also could have pulled in 750 yards on 40 receptions.  The argument about pass distribution is valid.  

Edited by nikuman

1 minute ago, nikuman said:

Understand the point you're trying to make, but don't follow the logic.  Looking at Ole Miss' pass distribution, 72% of the passes went to the top 2 receivers and 85% to the top 3.  Knox saw less than 8% of the receptions.  If passes were distributed more evenly - as you demonstrated that Alabama's were - then Knox also could have pulled in 750 yards on 40 receptions.  The argument about pass distribution is valid.  

did the QB just not like him or could he not get open?

No issue in picking Cody Ford, was surprised he wasn't a day 1 selection. Happy.

I would have preferred a DE in round 3 - any of the players picked in that round - Winovich, Ferguson or Ximines.

I thought that Sternberger and Winovich were round 2 picks and a bit disappointed that an RB was the choice in round 3. 

In fact I would have preferred any of the 5 picks immediately after Singletary at 73 - Sternberger - McLaurin - Winovich - Dieter - Long

Preferred Foster Moreau to Knox but going to root for Singletary and Knox in any case.

Expecting day 3 to feature more defense - Maxx Crosby, Blake Cashman, Hemp Cheevers, Vosean Joseph are prospects the Bills have met.

Would be great if we can trade 147 and 181 for 124 (Seattle) and get a Kelvin Harmon or Hakeem Butler if available.

14 hours ago, klos63 said:

I stopped thinking I was an expert about the draft many years ago. I think Beane knows what he is doing and I trust him. You don't draft perfect players in the 3rd round, but if you are smart you can get some very good ones. Nothing I've read about the last 2 picks makes me think that they won't help our team.  You have to try real hard not to be happy with what we got in the first 3 rounds.

I agree.

on all counts 63.
if by position alone  you can see Beanes knows what they want.
if you are unsure of the players picked ? you might have to learn to trust Beane and his scouts (why i write Beanes )
 percentages of success in the NFL long term decrease the later the pick generally speaking.
 I feel good about the scouts and i trust Beanes after those first two picks. and i am no hater of last years work either.

Go Bills

Koolaid for everyone !!

cheers 

• Like (+1) 1