NFL Draft - Day 2 (put your general pick commentary here)

Any chance of packaging the rest of our slop (5,6,7,7) for a 4th rounder? 

Harmon or Butler would put a nice bow on this off season.

With all the players already on this team (current players,  FAs, and draftees), these late round picks are less likely to make the team anyway. 

Edited by BuffaloBillies

14 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So this tells you Beans did not see them the way you do.  Help me out, why should I believe you are a better judge of talent? 

Not saying I do.  What I am saying is that what he did instead isn't a great idea value-wise.  A RB in the 3rd round I think is a fundamentally bad move.  Trading 2 4th round picks for a project TE that was a backup QB and that has never scored a TD just doesn't seem like a great idea.  Forget the players I mentioned.  They don't matter.  It's more on the fundamental decisions they made than anything else.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Not saying I do.  What I am saying is that what he did instead isn't a great idea value-wise.  A RB in the 3rd round I think is a fundamentally bad move.  Trading 2 4th round picks for a project TE that was a backup QB and that has never scored a TD just doesn't seem like a great idea.  Forget the players I mentioned.  They don't matter.  It's more on the fundamental decisions they made than anything else.

Why is it 'fundamentally' a bad move?

Knox may not have scored a TD, but he averaged 18.9 ypc one season, does that count for something?

17 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Thanks for sharing that!

I don't recall ever seeing a RB generate so many missed tackles than this guy, and to be honest, I can't really see how he's doing it.  He just seems to have that kinda "it" factor that you can't explain.

I'm really looking forward to him scoring 32 rushing TDs for the Bills this year!

I thought the same thing. I think it’s his vision. He must be able to “see the whole field”.

6 minutes ago, sven233 said:

it screams lack of plan B's and they started gambling w/ house money once they secured round 1&2 and players they liked started disappearing.

pure conjecture, except most the historically good teams did not gamble this round. 

Edited by c-troop

I stopped thinking I was an expert about the draft many years ago. I think Beane knows what he is doing and I trust him. You don't draft perfect players in the 3rd round, but if you are smart you can get some very good ones. Nothing I've read about the last 2 picks makes me think that they won't help our team.  You have to try real hard not to be happy with what we got in the first 3 rounds.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why is it 'fundamentally' a bad move?

Knox may not have scored a TD, but he averaged 18.9 ypc one season, does that count for something?

I guess I just rather not draft a project with 2 4th round picks, that's all.  He may turn out to be great.  He has good measurables and I do think he was a bit misused.  But 2 4th rounders is a lot to give up on a guy with his level of production.

Edited by sven233

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Any chance of packaging the rest of our slop (5,6,7,7) for a 4th rounder? 

Harmon or Butler would put a nice bow on this off season.

With all the players already on this team (current players,  FAs, and draftees), these late round picks are less likely to make the team anyway. 

I think they don’t do that at all. I expect a run at a depth LB for Lorenzo.  (Remember Milano was a 5th rounder) Then I figure we look at Edge,wr,Cb guys to see what we can build for competition. If Foster can make an impact as an undrafted why can’t a 6th rounder? 

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

I guess I just rather not draft a project with 2 4th round picks, that's all.  He may turn out to be great.  He has good measurables and I do think he was a bit misused.  But 2 4th rounders is a lot to give up on a guy with his level of production.

Fair enough. I would rather more picks early than later. I think you get more impact players that way. We shall see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane went BPA and targeted guys he wanted like Ford. I like that he didn't mortgage any future picks and was patient in the right places. We didn't draft for need, but still filled holes. He didn't force a receiver pick when it wasn't there. 

I hope David Sills is there in the 5th, and I think it is possible. I'm guessing one of Sills, Maxx Crosby, Blake Cashman, or one of the very many DBs will still be avlable. We shall see. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane said ideally you want 3 or 4 starters coming out of the draft.  I see one (Oliver) and three back ups.  Maybe they will win starting spots.  SIngletary and Knox can develop and be future starters.

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Beane said ideally you want 3 or 4 starters coming out of the draft.  I see one (Oliver) and three back ups.  Maybe they will win starting spots.  SIngletary and Knox can develop and be future starters.

Ford will start.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Ford could be a very good starter, WTF are you smoking?

• Haha (+1) 1