NFL Draft - Day 2 (put your general pick commentary here)

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

2. Chauncy Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

3. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

4. Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion

5. David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin

6. Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State

7. Joe Jackson, DE, Miami

8. Cortez Brouhgton, DT, Cincinnati

9. Vosean Joseph, OLB, Florida

10. Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State

I meant Butler. I was joking. But the reason he is still there is he lacks speed. 

Agreed

14 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I struggle with this popular narrative.  I agree that you can find productive RBs after the first two rounds, but the popular view now seems to be that you can just grab an RB  in the 5th or later and expect good production.  

Have a look at some video of this guy - very shifty and seems to have great vision.  

Admittedly, I am OldTimer and the game may have changed without me noticing, but from what i’ve Seen of Singletary, I think he could be a good contributor.

Not just about the later rounds.  Productive backs can be found in FA as well.  Point is, the drop off between very good and good is not worth the higher investment, especially in today's game where you're RB should be able to catch the ball as well.

15 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I told you the draft value. Singletary can play this year and love cant. I love how fans criticize and are skeptical before knowing anything about a player. Look at a few numbers and complain. 

I’ll phrase my point differently, so is the main advantage of Singletary that he is available right away, or is he truly a superior back? I’m honestly asking, not criticizing the pick (Only said I wasn’t sure about it, because I don’t know anything about him and try to keep up on a lot of the players, yet haven’t heard anything about him). I choose to get most of my info from people on this board as we tend to have some very knowledgeable people that contribute.

25 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Sorry we just drafted a running back that has a slower 40 time than the DE the Pats took right after. Terrible pick. Draft a running back later in the draft this kid is not that special.

The kid had 66 TD in 3 years.  CFB record. The 40 doesn't mean much, it's just straight line speed , look at Josh Allen for example , he runs way quicker than his 40. 

How do you know it's a terrible pick?!?

Some of you guys are just unhappy, negative people. McBeane and Co hasn't earned your trust!!?! 

You think you're a better evaluator than Buff has?!

• Like (+1) 2