NFL Draft - Day 2 (put your general pick commentary here)

Just now, c-troop said:

it was an unacceptable pick, the LB the browns just drafted is faster than singletary and he is 6'1 238. 

Who is the better football player? That’s a fair question. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

40 yard dash does not equal real world quickness. How often do you get the opportunity to run a full 40 yards on a football field ?‍♂️

And a straight 40 yds, at that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, McBean said:

He’s a damn RB.

I don’t need to know anymore.

I could care less if he’s Walter Peyton. Our franchise QB needs weapons to throw to specifically WR and TE.

I submit that a running game IS the BEST help for a young QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

fwiw

@JoeBuscaglia

Slightly shocking, but this is the first time the #Bills have selected a RB in the draft since 2016. The first time they've taken a RB in the 3rd round or earlier since 2010.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Do you recall when we had a slew of RB injuries last year? What makes anyone think gore and McCoy are making it through the season healthy? 

That is not at all what Beane thinks about when drafting players, he has put an emphasis on drafting the right players for building long term. Not buying it that they drafted a rb because they think Gore and McCoy will get injured... And I was asking in terms of draft value what makes Devin in the 3rd better than a Bryce Love in the 5th, that’s all. And I usually love everything McBeane do, just not sure about this but admittedly don’t know much about Singletary.

I love the Ford and Oliver picks/additions.

We still enter next season without a top tier or #1 WR and TE for that matter.  I hope our low end #1 or #2 TE and hand full of #2 WR's prove me wrong but we should have got some higher prospects at these positions. Just too many holes I guess?

Let's see what gems Beaner can pull out his hat. 

Ohh, welcome to Buffalo Devin. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

They want to have a running game?

I think they are going to take a more specialized approach to the RB's kinda like the Patriots have done.

Yeah, no duh.  Who is getting cut is my concern?  We're not keeping 3 RBs who don't play STs and a rookie.  

Edited by stony