NFL Draft - Day 2 (put your general pick commentary here)

1 minute ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Glad to see that after nailing the first two picks the “fans” on here are ready to return to the typical b*tching and moaning types that I’m used to. 

We addressed a position of need. This year?  Maybe not so much nut McCoy and Gore are gone after this year. 

I trust Beane so I’m not losing my mind over the pick, but RB is the one position that you DONT need to think about the future with.  Just draft a guy next year.  

That being said..... his tape is sick. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Glad to see that after nailing the first two picks the “fans” on here are ready to return to the typical b*tching and moaning types that I’m used to. 

We addressed a Ed a position of need. This year?  Maybe not so much nut McCoy and Gore are gone after this year. 

And tell me how we could not have dealt with that next draft again or in FA? Granted, I wanted a RB like him just in rd 6 or 7.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mopreme said:

Why the hell did they draft a rb when this guy was available. Just terrible.  

Worst pick of the Beane era. I think he panicked with RBs coming off the board. They better hope Crosby falls to the 4th.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Why? 

I don’t know the guy. How extensively have you studied him? More than the Bills scouts? He could be the next Thurman. I’m not saying he is, but honestly what do you know about him? (Without a google search.)  Not being testy, but I wonder how people have opinions so quickly. My knowledge is not that deep. 

A lot of people are in the “I don’t know about him, he sucks” camp. Or the “it’s not the ONE prospect I wanted, I hate him”. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Why? 

I don’t know the guy. How extensively have you studied him? More than the Bills scouts? He could be the next Thurman. I’m not saying he is, but honestly what do you know about him? (Without a google search.)  Not being testy, but I wonder how people have opinions so quickly. My knowledge is not that deep. 

We have 4 legitimate RBs and real needs at WR/TE/elsewhere.  I think the issues is the position and not the player.

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yup.

Right, because picks just happen in a vacuum like that. It has nothing to do with value. There's been a big run on WRs already? No big deal, let's take a guy we have rated as a 5th round talent in the 3rd just because we "need" a WR. That's the way to win in the NFL!

Grow up.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

this is so stupid, we need Receivers and we draft a RB ,which can be found undrafted, these last two picks are terrible.

we could have overhauled the receiving corps and apparently we are just going to run the ball.

We have three new receivers and Foster will have a full off season with the ones and twos. Sorry that’s not enough for you. Oh by the way there are four more rounds to the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Great 1980 says hello

This thread should be called "Everyone has an enjoyable night except for Buffalo Barbarian and Joe in Winslow who double down on their opinions that any picks other than WRs are bad picks. "

Christ.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s not homerun kinda speed but have you watched him play? Or just like to read numbers on a paper? 

True statement, yet it's a red flag that most of us have not seen him play. Also, the conference he is coming from is not exactly the most difficult for RBs to run against. there are arguably still better RBs on the board plus we just picked up Yeldon and now are RB room has 5 backs. You can play devil's advocate if you want though.

Just now, Green Lightning said:

The only way this makes sense is if they trade Shady

Why!?! 

He was BPA on their board I bet. We don't have many holes at ALL. 

He probably is red shirted , gets to learn behind 2 HOF. 

Last year we had Keith Ford starting at one point. Depth this year, probably inactive on most game days . Big role in 2020

Just now, Logic said:

Right, because picks just happen in a vacuum like that. It has nothing to do with value. There's been a big run on WRs already? No big deal, let's take a guy we have rated as a 5th round talent in the 3rd just because we "need" a WR. That's the way to win in the NFL!

Grow up.

Don't think it's possible with his post count...

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

A lot of people are in the “I don’t know about him, he sucks” camp. Or the “it’s not the ONE prospect I wanted, I hate him”. 

No, we're tired of seeing the Bills waste draft picks on RB's.  Karlos and Jonathan Williams come to mind.