Round 2 - trade up for?

Look, I like Metcalf as well, but I am not trading up from 40 to get him or anyone else.  The board fell about as perfectly for the Bills as it could have last night and there are some top talents still sitting there and there will be an awesome option at 40.  If that is Metcalf, fine.  If he's not there, I'm good with that.  In my opinion, Hakeem Butler has a chance to be the best WR in the draft, as does Brown, Metcalf, or any of the other WRs still on the board.  There isn't an overwhelming consensus top guy in this draft, so sit tight and let it come to you.

And the Bills may decide to go in an entirely different direction as well.  They could get a great guard in Risner, a really nice CB in Murphy, or a OT that could have been a top 10 pick in Taylor.  The point is, there is so much great talent left that there is no reason to move up.  I would rather sit at 40 and take the BPA and then work on getting back into the 2nd round to take another one fepending on how the board is falling and the compensation required to do so.  I'm a big fan of Jace Sternberger.  He's the TE I want.  So, if you can come away with him and one of the other guys I have mentioned, that is a great draft.  Can't wait for tonight!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

yup lets continue to draft defense while our potential franchise QB goes into another year playing with practice squad talent on offense. 

people who think Allen is somehow magically going to take this offense from bottom 3 to top 15 are going to get a big fat reality check soon. our offense is FAR from where it needs to be right now. 

Perhaps you should pay attention to the offseason, we signed half the NFL on offense. We could stand to add a WR, OT/OG and TE, but we are in good shape on offense and there is a LOT of decent depth at WR and TE in Rds 3 and beyond, whereas there are only 4-5 viable pass rushers left.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

yup lets continue to draft defense while our potential franchise QB goes into another year playing with practice squad talent on offense. 

people who think Allen is somehow magically going to take this offense from bottom 3 to top 15 are going to get a big fat reality check soon. our offense is FAR from where it needs to be right now. 

I think the only positions the Bills wont pick in the second are DT, C,  RB, and QB. The rest of positions are open. After the first round I think there are groups of guys that are ranked about the same so you have options. If the Bills have a player with a first round grade or high 2nd then I think they pick him.......CB and OT are most likely. 

I'd be OK with packaging a bunch of the remaining picks just to get two solid players tonight.  A starting quality Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver.  That's it.  If the entire draft nets 3 solid starters I can live with that, taking into consideration all the Free Agents they signed as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'd be OK with packaging a bunch of the remaining picks just to get two solid players tonight.  A starting quality Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver.  That's it.  If the entire draft nets 3 solid starters I can live with that, taking into consideration all the Free Agents they signed as well.

If it was me, I'd just stand pat and pick 10 players.  There are no guarantees if they move up a few picks in an upcoming round, that the player selected will amount to anything.  The more picks you make, the better the chances are that you find a diamond in the rough.

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I really hope a couple of QBs are taken in front of us at #40. I think Drew Lock will go and possibly Ryan Finley. 

Im hoping we pick one of these guys.

OT Jawaan Taylor

OT Cody Ford

WR DK Metcalf

CB Byron Murphy
WR AJ Brown

CB Justin Layne

While Murphy is BPA and I really like Lane, I would prefer to trade back instead of taking them.  There’s too many players available that have major upside that can help out Josh Allen OR add to our pass rush.  Corner play is the very last of our worries.  

I could see a safety being the pick though as our backups are suspect and actually play.  Raffy Bush was picked on last season when he wasn’t effectively blitzing 

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Would rather let BPA come to us @40 and move back into 2nd with 3rd and 3rd with 4th.

^This - player wise my preference would be for Butler and/or Risner as I feel we can keep our 2nd and still package picks to move back up to a similar spot to get both.

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If it was me, I'd just stand pat and pick 10 players.  There are no guarantees if they move up a few picks in an upcoming round, that the player selected will amount to anything.  The more picks you make, the better the chances are that you find a diamond in the rough.

I hear ya,  I'm typically of that mindset but this year i feel like all those round 5-7 guys are going to be such a longshot anyway,  I'm fine picking at #40 but maybe move up from #74 tonight if the guy they desperately want it still on the board.  I wouldn't give away anything in next year's draft just deal from the #74 slot and Saturday's picks. 

I think they sit tight and take who they feel is BPA-and there are plenty of good prospects. Just my preference but Id like to see O-line and TE in the second, then whatever is best from amongst WR, DB and RB remaining when they are on the clock. I sort of like the idea of packaging later round picks for an extra second except our braintrust seems to be pretty good at finding gems much later, even undrafted. I feel a lot better now on draft day that I have confidence in our GM, HC, scouts and others involved in the evaluations. Didnt always have that feeling in the past.

• Like (+1) 1