Bill Polian on Sirius NFL channel

What a miserable condescending prick.  He just went on a 10 minute tirade at the start of a show with Bruce Murray about how GM’s, Player Personnel Directors and HC’s are the only ones who really know about prospects....oh and of course he knows.  

Everyone else knows a fraction of everything draft related.  

Just comes off as a bitter old man. 

How is Murray now supposed to to a 4 hour draft show with callers, when you are working with a guy who just said...all you idiots know nothing.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What a miserable condescending prick.  He just went on a 10 minute tirade at the start of a show with Bruce Murray about how GM’s, Player Personnel Directors and HC’s are the only ones who really know about prospects....oh and of course he knows.  

How is Murray now supposed to to a 4 hour draft show with callers, when you are working with a guy who just said...all you idiots know nothing.  

Meh.

Still, he and Levy were the best GM and HC ever in modern Bills History. But, I wouldn't want neither anywhere near my organization unless it's some type of team nostalgia event.

We all get old dude, shoot Levy was a bitter old man when he coached the Bills...LOL..

Yeah, he’s jumped the shark.  There was a story going around that he actually wanted to draft Ryan Leaf but Jim Mora overruled him because he knew the Mannings.  Polian should just enjoy retirement.

24 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Meh.

Still, he and Levy were the best GM and HC ever in modern Bills History. But, I wouldn't want neither anywhere near my organization unless it's some type of team nostalgia event.

We all get old dude, shoot Levy was a bitter old man when he coached the Bills...LOL..

He also was in a great situation. Inherited Kelly and got handed the 1 overall pick.  

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

OP:  Isn't that how talk radio works?     

Get the listener's all riled up and you get more calls.   It's on page one of the radio consultant's playbook... 

...except this wasn’t some scripted schtick.  You could tell this is how he really feels.  It almost felt like he was yelling at Murray. 

38 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Bill just had an entire football league go up in flames on him. Probably had some money invested as well. I'd be bitter.

35 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

Well, he certainly knows how to start up a new football league.....I'll give him that much.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

...except this wasn’t some scripted schtick.  You could tell this is how he really feels.  It almost felt like he was yelling at Murray. 

Sigh.   I worry that Bill is showing some early signs of dementia or something like that.   

His getting the boot from ESPN, involvement with the AAF, etc.    He seems to be going downhill even compared to Marv (who's still as sharp as a tack)...

I’m not sure... a lot of keyboard warriors here claim to think they know more than everyone because they watch highlight reals and read mock drafts. I’ll take a HOF GM over y’all. Seems like everyone is just bitter that he got to live out their dream. 

For the record, a good friend of mine was working in Player Personnel for the AAF, we were both finalists for the role. He sat with Bill during every game and scouting session, said he’s still sharp as a tack.

Sure, make quips that he’s losing his mind. The funny thing is he’s forgotten more about football than y’all will ever know. 

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Also, rumor has it, he wanted Leaf over Manning.

As usual with you...Bupkis!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11654158/manning-leaf-1998-draft

"The next day, Jim Mora and I met and I said, "Where are you with the quarterbacks?"

"I'm with Peyton," he said.

"I'm the same way. If we believe in all the things that we both think are important for a winning football team, then it's Peyton."

"Yeah, you're right."

After that, I met with Jim Irsay.

"What's your decision?" he said.

"The decision is unanimous," I said. "It's Peyton."

Polian's view on the "insider" vs. "outsider" thing is no different than anyone else on the inside!  It's just that he is the kind of guy to come out and say as much.

I assure you they all feel that way, including McDermott.

The irony is that in many instances, the "outsiders" actually know a hell of a lot more than the insiders.

When to punt and challenge calls are 2 good examples of that.

Edited by Nextmanup