I can't ever remember there being more consensus of approval among Bills fans for a 1st round pick

Logic

56 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Given how threads on him went during the season it’s really surprised me honestly. 

Even for the WR and OT guys, we all know this was an outstanding pick. There is absolutely nothing to argue about. Just plug the other holes day 2 and 3.

If we sit here and draft Defensive secondary players tonight the heads will roll though.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The only people I’d expect blowback from are the DK cult followers.  Scary group

It somehow always makes me even more relieved when these guys pumped up pre-draft by their fan club ends up dropping dozens of picks from where people wanted the Bills to take him.

Edited by KD in CA

31 minutes ago, skibum said:

That’s the thing- this year, there was really nobody left on the board to argue about. Unless you think they should have traded up, but none of the top 8 are several assets better than EO.

That’s really the thing here.  Oliver is the guy I wanted who I thought could reasonably make it to the Bills. We got him. Pretty much all of the other players others preferred were already gone. Except for Metcalf.  And his fans can’t reasonably argue that he should have been the pick at 9 now. They are busy still hoping for him to be a Bill anyway. 

48 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

When Raiders and Giants passed on Allen I thought Bills had a chance. I hoped Jax would go Hock and Detroit would take Oliver. Once Allen was off the board then it was Hockenson or Oliver.

Four years from now it will be very interesting to see how all these DL guys pan out

I am sure that it will be very interesting also for Jets fans. Most of them were furious about Williams (which I find very odd) and wanted either Oliver of Allen.

Funny how we are now tied to them in terms of Darnold vs Allen and Williams vs Oliver in two consecutive drafts. They had the choice both time, so really curious how it all pans out.

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Um... Willis McGahee 

Hello???

Sad the Bills only managed to drive that guy into the ground......round peg square hole......they screwed him and themselves with poor coaching decisions.....screwed.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No offense, but why do we always have to do this? Been happy with the pick but knock another player?  And if Oliver has close to the start of his career than Dareus did, he will be amazing.  I think people underestimate how good Dareus was before he got paid. 

And Dareus was a pretty much consensus pick in 2011, especially with Newton and Miller off the board. Big nasty run stuffer when we had the worst run D the year before.

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am sure that it will be very interesting also for Jets fans. Most of them were furious about Williams (which I find very odd) and wanted either Oliver of Allen.

I believe their gripe is they keep picking basically the same player over and over and then letting that guy go (Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson, etc). They feel the team is prepping themselves to let Leonard Williams walk too. Their complaint makes sense, imo.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

Yes, so boring....?

this is one coming up is the interesting pick.. they will have a lot of options, and if they are really set on someone, now is the time to use some draft capital to get him.

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Flip side, I don’t remember a pick getting killed the way the Giants are for Jones.  It has to be less than 5% of people liking the pick.  

I love Oliver but I think Allen is the best player in the draft.  It’s crazy how many teams passed on him.  Seems like a super mature and focused guy too. 

Honestly, I couldn't think of a realistic scenario where Jones would not have been there at 17 for the Giants...but, I could be wrong.

I do think Allen will end up being the best of this defensive crop. I confess, when he started to drop, I allowed myself to get a little excited at the thought he might be there at 9

29 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It somehow always makes even more relieved when these guys pumped up pre-draft by their fan club ends up dropping dozens of picks from where people wanted the Bills to take him.

But DK is an elite talent.  Ed Oliver isn’t. So we should take DK based on him being a freak.  LOL

Ed Oliver might be the biggest freak in this draft.

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I believe their gripe is they keep picking basically the same player over and over and then letting that guy go (Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson, etc). They feel the team is prepping themselves to let Leonard Williams walk too. Their complaint makes sense, imo.

The Jets are to D-linemen what the Bills are the CBs

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The Jets are to D-linemen what the Bills are the CBs

EXACTLY what I was realizing as I was typing that post. Glad others see it too. And I'd argue even more frustrating to Jets fans since DL is a position where a big contract can be justified, and they are typically harder to find than CBs (although the Jets have done a good job at finding guys).

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

EXACTLY what I was realizing as I was typing that post. Glad others see it too. And I'd argue even more frustrating to Jets fans since DL is a position where a big contract can be justified, and they are typically harder to find than CBs (although the Jets have done a good job at finding guys).

They have indeed.  Both the guys you mentioned above were terrors with the Jets.  But they had lots of issues too, off-field, contract, etc.  Glad they both left!

Geez...I didn't realize Cleveland has Richardson too!  Talk about putting all the difficult eggs in one basket.  They are either going to the Super Bowl or will be the most enjoyable implosion in recent history.