I can't ever remember there being more consensus of approval among Bills fans for a 1st round pick

Logic

I think it is why the thread for Oliver isn’t more pages. There is two or three posters dying on the ‘we need weapons for Allen’ Hill. They want to reach for WR’s and TE’s. Beane is a smart guy who understands how to build a team. 

I don’t think there was a ton of luck occurring for Beane to pick Oliver. Beane saw who was in front of him and didn’t panic. He held his spot and got the guy he wanted.  I think we all learned(if we didn’t know already) as it gets closer to the draft believe less what you hear. If feels like The most accurate projections occur shortly after combine. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think it is why the thread for Oliver isn’t more pages. There is two or three posters dying on the ‘we need weapons for Allen’ Hill. They want to reach for WR’s and TE’s. Beane is a smart guy who understands how to build a team. 

I don’t think there was a ton of luck occurring for Beane to pick Oliver. Beane saw who was in front of him and didn’t panic. He held his spot and got the guy he wanted.  I think we all learned(if we didn’t know already) as it gets closer to the draft believe less what you hear. If feels like The most accurate projections occur shortly after combine. 

Beane has been horrible with receivers.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why are so many Bills fans obsessed with Mike Schopp?

Because he's an idiot and no one cares. At least I don't but the way people here bring him up make it seem like his opinion is all that matters. 

• Like (+1) 2

I agree.  In all my years following this team, I've ever seen such a high consensus on who the Bills should pick... and then the Bills actually do it.

People were actually pushing for us to trade into the Top 3-4 to get Oliver.  And we got him sitting still at #9.  Perfect blend of talent, value and need.

If I recall correctly, fans were pretty happy about Marcel Dareus too.  But there were also quite a few who preferred AJ Green or Patrick Peterson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I agree.  In all my years following this team, I've ever seen such a high consensus on who the Bills should pick... and then the Bills actually do it.

People were actually pushing for us to trade into the Top 3-4 to get Oliver.  And we got him sitting still at #9.  Perfect blend of talent, value and need.

If I recall correctly, fans were pretty happy about Marcel Dareus too.  But there were also quite a few who preferred AJ Green or Patrick Peterson.

That’s the thing- this year, there was really nobody left on the board to argue about. Unless you think they should have traded up, but none of the top 8 are several assets better than EO.

9 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

You’re right about Dareus and everyone hates him now, but he had HOF ability.  It’s interesting because Oliver is undersized which could be great considering Buffalo food will fatten him up. 

Flip side, I don’t remember a pick getting killed the way the Giants are for Jones.  It has to be less than 5% of people liking the pick.  

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Arguably the best player in the draft.  At our biggest position of need.  And is a perfect scheme fit.  Checks every box.

I love Oliver but I think Allen is the best player in the draft.  It’s crazy how many teams passed on him.  Seems like a super mature and focused guy too. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Consensus?  But we haven’t heard from the Offensive Tackle cultists yet....

I think even the people who really liked Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard, etc. were assuming Ed Oliver would be gone by #9.

Not to mention, Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford and Dalton Risner are all still available.  Good chance one is available when we pick.

40 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Punter is pointless without a franchise snapper.  Maybe pick 40 we get our snapper of the future

We've been trying to fill that hole Garrison Sanborn left for YEARS.

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No offense, but why do we always have to do this? Been happy with the pick but knock another player?  And if Oliver has close to the start of his career than Dareus did, he will be amazing.  I think people underestimate how good Dareus was before he got paid. 

I'm not trying to be nit-picky with Dareus. My issue with him is the guy had soooo much talent but he lacked the drive to capitalize on it. He had Kyle Williams in his ear trying to help him realize his potential (which I'm sure got old after a while). It's the same reason why people dislike KB so much (obviously KB is a much more extreme case than MD). It's also the reason why guys like Flutie or Darryl Talley were such special players that played at a level beyond their physical attributes. 

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

If they did not take Oliver, this board would of crashed quicker than you can say Jay Rosen

Yeah I really did not allow myself to enjoy the moment because I was so worried they would screw it up. It was like, hope, relief, elation. 

51 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Bills fans knew the Jets had him targeted at #3 if Williams was gone and also most also knew the Bills didn't have a three-technique D-tackle on the roster. The guy is a perfect replacement for Kyle Williams.

Besides, Detroit took TJ Hockenson right before at #8 so it was destined. Thank the lord for the NY Giants, Raiders.

Image result for ny giants fans reaction

• Haha (+1) 2