I can't ever remember there being more consensus of approval among Bills fans for a 1st round pick

Logic

Just what the title says.

At least in the past decade, I really can't remember this much consensus approval among Bills fans over the player chosen with our 1st round pick. 

Maybe it's because no one thought Oliver would last to the 9th pick, maybe it's because it was such a meeting of value with need (and with Oliver's badass, quarterback-destroying acumen). Whatever the reason, I feel like I only saw two or three belly-achers on the board after the pick was announced, which is extremely rare.

Bills fans seem to be in rare agreement about the draft, at least for one brief, shining moment. I'm sure we'll rectify this problem once the second round begins. ?

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

For myself, I try to be a consistent person.  I didn’t want the Bills to draft Josh Allen 1.0 so I struggled to be as excited as I wanted to be. I loved Oliver before the draft and I’m very excited that the Raiders and Giants did what they did.  It is the first time the Bills did what I wanted so now I’m scared. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 9

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

At least in the past decade, I really can't remember this much consensus approval among Bills fans over the player chosen with our 1st round pick. 

Maybe it's because no one thought Oliver would last to the 9th pick, maybe it's because it was such a meeting of value with need (and with Oliver's badass, quarterback-destroying acumen). Whatever the reason, I feel like I only saw two or three belly-achers on the board after the pick was announced, which is extremely rare.

Bills fans seem to be in rare agreement about the draft, at least for one brief, shining moment. I'm sure we'll rectify this problem once the second round begins. ?

Given how threads on him went during the season it’s really surprised me honestly. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

If they did not take Oliver, this board would of crashed quicker than you can say Jay Rosen

Oh god.

I can't even imagine.  Years of Bills draft fandom had me completely conditioned for Jonah Williams at that pick.  This place would have been a nuclear winter had they used the pick on something else.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills fans knew the Jets had him targeted at #3 if Williams was gone and also most also knew the Bills didn't have a three-technique D-tackle on the roster. The guy is a perfect replacement for Kyle Williams.

Besides, Detroit took TJ Hockenson right before at #8 so it was destined. Thank the lord for the NY Giants, Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, metbill said:

I am truly stoked, first time I can think of the player I hoped for all off-season ended up being the pick!  Hoping we can land a good WR in round 2, maybe Deebo Samuel.

Might be better players on the board but Deebo would be an amazing pick at 40 imo.  Both he and Oliver bring that toughness that McDermott (and Bills fans) loves.

11 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

So happy with this pick. It felt weird not having to convince myself to be happy about it. They when I saw his reaction when he was walking to the stage etc it was obvious that this guy has what Dareus was missing. 

No offense, but why do we always have to do this? Been happy with the pick but knock another player?  And if Oliver has close to the start of his career than Dareus did, he will be amazing.  I think people underestimate how good Dareus was before he got paid. 

• Like (+1) 1