Pancho Billa on phone with the Bills gives pick

mead107

48 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Proud to be a Bills fan.

You know, that’s perfectly said. I’m ALWAYS proud to be a Bills fan and it’s for reasons like this. It really is a “fambase” as they call it. The connection that Bills fans share is even beyond the connection that alumni at a university feel (and way beyond any other pro franchise). We ride or die together. When you are on the road outsiders are always blown away by how Bills fans organize and congregate. It’s beyond a simple interest in the same team. Everyone that goes to a road game does so because they like their team. It’s just different with the Bills (and Jacksonville was the celebration of that). We are one. I have people telling me all of the time how much they love Bills fans. It really is incredible to be a part of it. The way that Pancho has been embraced and loved is far beyond what any other organization would have. It reminds me of how the Saints embrace Gleason but the difference is that he made the most important play in franchise history. Pancho is a guy from Texas that adopted us and visa versa. I hate seeing him go through this but couldn’t be more proud of how the “fambase” has responded. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Poncho has gone through a lot over the past few years. He deserves a memorable and happy moment. What this warm moment demonstrates is the goodness and kindness of the Pegulas. We are fortunate to have the Pegulas as owners. 

• Like (+1) 3

Good to see he has a lot of fight left.  Nice  thing the organization was able to put together. To brighten someones day who is in such a precarious position seems much more important that just football.  Prayers for Ezra and his family.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, zevo said:

Did anyone notice Harrison Phillips on FaceTime with Pancho...great stuff here.

Was just about to comment about that. Looks as though he was facetiming with Harrison when he got the call. They have become good friends and thats a testament to Harrison and the type of man he is.

I lived in Dallas for 8 years and met Ezra at a Bills Bar down there in 2011. GREAT GUY! We are all pulling for a miracle.

• Like (+1) 1

This organization continues to make it hard to not love what they are doing.  Yeah I know the detractors keep saying that they have to win on the field... that is true, but they are building a winning culture inside and out.  The wins on the field will come, but its things like this that create lasting wins in the hearts and minds of fans.  Billsmafia is becoming known for more than just busted tables... we are showing that we are an organization with heart and soul... from the top down.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Got choked up watching that. Things like this make me really hope we have the right owner, front office, and coach in place because they are truly phenomenal to do something like that.

I could not agree more. It speaks volumes as to how much Terry (and Kim) as well as the staff care about the community, and their fans. I have never heard of ANY other team doing something like that. I could be wrong on that but I have not heard of it before. Truly inspiring to see that they could do something like this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pancho is blessed to be our brother and we are blest to have him.    I think about him in the middle of Cowboy country cheering for the Bills with heart and passion.  He still has the fight and drive to give Cancer an ass-kicking.  

Brandon, Coach and the Pegulas get what it means to be a Bills fan.  It's more than just a team, it's a passion, it's a culture, it's a family.  This leadership gets us and is building a team to reflect this.  One of Coach's comments last night is that during Ed Oliver's pro day he could smell his passion for the game like smelling the Cheerios from the General Mills plant off the 190.  Well, I smell the fire of this leadership team like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  

Edited by JoeF
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Was just about to comment about that. Looks as though he was facetiming with Harrison when he got the call. They have become good friends and thats a testament to Harrison and the type of man he is.

I lived in Dallas for 8 years and met Ezra at a Bills Bar down there in 2011. GREAT GUY! We are all pulling for a miracle.

There is a video of it out there. I know it is in the RD1 Ed Oliver thread

Edit:

Found it

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1