ESPN - best available prospects TRACKER.

PIZ

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

i like the idea of McCoy.  Backup center and starting guard.  Also like Risner. 

I think we pick twice in Rd. 2.  OL, and WR.  

i agree, I think we will pick twice today as well and it will be OL and WR. I see A J Brown and Risner as their picks in round 2. Brown is the best route runner in the draft and gets great separation. 

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I don’t get the we need a wr in round two crowd. We have John brown, Beasley, foster, Jones and possibly Williams already. Who is this rookie going to play over? I want starters or high impact players that will be able to contribute at any position right now. If that’s a cb so be it. Also next year is supposedly better with wr talent. Why don’t we see what we have first with the people we got. 

Guys like Metcalf and and Brown are difference makers at their position, that's why. They would over take some of the other WR talent that we have very easily and that's as a rookie. They could easily be a day one starter in the slot.

2 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I don’t get the we need a wr in round two crowd. We have John brown, Beasley, foster, Jones and possibly Williams already. Who is this rookie going to play over? I want starters or high impact players that will be able to contribute at any position right now. If that’s a cb so be it. Also next year is supposedly better with wr talent. Why don’t we see what we have first with the people we got. 

Didn't you hear? Zay Jones is NOT making the team this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

i agree, I think we will pick twice today as well and it will be OL and WR. I see A J Brown and Risner as their picks in round 2. Brown is the best route runner in the draft and gets great separation. 

Guys like Metcalf and and Brown are difference makers at their position, that's why. They would over take some of the other WR talent that we have very easily and that's as a rookie. They could easily be a day one starter in the slot.

I love the idea of a great route runner.   I'd go Ford, then McCoy over Risner just because of the positional flexibility, and value (a very good backup center) and starting Guard.

If Brown is a great route runner, than I'm all for it.     I also think we take a WR/gadget like Hurd from Baylor later in the draft.  And a CB in Rd. 3 or so.  

Today is going to be exciting (and tomorrow, for that matter).    

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Media and fan-generated.

When the scouts saw that DK Metcalf ran the three-cone drill as he did... his stock dropped like a rock. Consider this, Metcalf was in the bottom 3% of players who have run the three-cone in the last 25 years.

Whoever let him participate in those drills should never work again. I guess maybe he took it upon himself, but you would think he'd have someone around to tell him it'd be a big mistake.

I'm almost positive he's not on the board right now had he just skipped it.

9 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

This isnt the narrative that I remember.  Several draft gurus were high on him prior to the combine.

Middle of last season, people saw him as someone who could jump up the board. Then, with the injury, he got settled into a low first, second rounder. The combine artificially boosted him up, but he’s returned to his actual value level.

Personally I think both ESPN and CBS Sportsline have some unusual rankings.              

I like Draftek for scouting reports (they gave us an A+ for Oliver by the way) and Rotoworld because it gives you current player comparables, even if you don't like the order of the players

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/rankings/thors-day-2-best-available

Just now, billsfan89 said:

7 top 32 talents still on the board. 

But are they really top 7 if they don’t go in the 1st? I feel like this happens all every year and it turns out some of those guys just weren’t that good.  Still, plenty of talent to be found though.