ESPN - best available prospects TRACKER.

PIZ

I don’t get the we need a wr in round two crowd. We have John brown, Beasley, foster, Jones and possibly Williams already. Who is this rookie going to play over? I want starters or high impact players that will be able to contribute at any position right now. If that’s a cb so be it. Also next year is supposedly better with wr talent. Why don’t we see what we have first with the people we got. 

• Like (+1) 1

So many great options. I'd be thrilled with any of the following:

OL

Taylor

Ford

Risner

WR

Metcalf

AJ Brown

TE

Smith Jr .

CB

Greedy

Murphy

Rock

With all available, 1 is guaranteed to still be there at 40. I prefer OL or WR at this point, but would be hard to argue against any of them. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

People saying Metcalf is a huge value in the second fail to realize that going into the gym-short olympics, he was seen as a low first/second rounder with question marks.. all the hype was completely media generated. I wouldn’t hate Metcalf in the second, ur I don’t see it as a great steal. 

I agree that he was definitely overhyped, but think he’s a great fit for our offense.   If I’m our FO, I’m packaging later picks if anyone will take them for an extra second, and dream scenario - taking Irv Smith and DK Metcalf.  

The speed and vertical ability in this offense, with Allen’s arm, would be incredible.  

Edited by SCBills

Lots of really solid talent on the board.  I know they won't draft him, but I'm still a little disappointed Miles Sanders won't be a Bill.  He's not that far off from the talent level Barkley brought to the Giants.  Very happy with Oliver, it's all good whatever they do from here out.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

People saying Metcalf is a huge value in the second fail to realize that going into the gym-short olympics, he was seen as a low first/second rounder with question marks.. all the hype was completely media generated. I wouldn’t hate Metcalf in the second, ur I don’t see it as a great steal. 

This isnt the narrative that I remember.  Several draft gurus were high on him prior to the combine.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Teams pumped him up too (publicly, that is). A player with his measurables is tailored made for teams to feign interest in. The media goes nuts. 

2 hours ago, frogger said:

I know CB isn’t a need, but getting Greedy matched with Tre for the next 3+ years, with Wallace and Johnson, would be amazing.  

I think Murphy is more of a Bills type corner.  Honestly, I know he’s from LSU and has a great name but Greedy seems overrated.  

But yeah, I don’t really want a cb there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Totally agree on Metcalf. The hype machine is through the roof. I just don't see it with him. 

I'd like to see them trade back in to Round 2 & acquire another round 3 with a move down. I'm hoping they go big guy still and find one of the few remaining OT's (Risner maybe, Little). I expect a CB or S to go here though. They brought enough in for visits that fit in this range. WR might be a round 3 or 4, though if an OT doesnt work, AJ Brown would make me happy as a consolation prize. 

They kept their ammunition. Now it's time to use it before it expires.

Edited by BubbaT

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills can go from 40 to 33 for just a 4th & 6th (in addition to 40). It may be worth it with Metcalf and Taylor (amongst others on the board). I’m hoping that the Bills pick 3 times today. This day feels like the strength of the draft.

I would live to see three picks today!  But it won't happen if they trade up.  Way too much left on the board to do that...

Please...........

103578.png&h=64&w=64&scale=cropCB   Byron Murphy

5'11"190 lbs Washington

Pre-Draft Analysis

Murphy has the balance, recognition skills and athletic ability to develop above-average cover skills. He's a ball hawk who reads the quarterback, he isn't afraid to come off his assignment to play the ball, and he might have the best ball skills of any defensive back in the country. He's a physical player who flashes the ability to lower the boom on the ball carrier.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cage said:

I would live to see three picks today!  But it won't happen if they trade up.  Way too much left on the board to do that...

The Bills only have two picks today, so they only way they are picking 3 players, is if they "trade up" by moving a 4th and a 5th, or a 4th and a 6th, to get back into the 3rd round.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Media and fan-generated.

When the scouts saw that DK Metcalf ran the three-cone drill as he did... his stock dropped like a rock. Consider this, Metcalf was in the bottom 3% of players who have run the three-cone in the last 25 years. The guy can basically run three routes and most of that is a straight line. He may look like Tarzan, but he runs routes like Jane. 

The Bills already have Robert Foster, John Brown. I could see them going Irv Smith. Lots of good players still on the board and I'm hoping they go offense with the next pick.

Edited by Nihilarian

My prediction is there are several trades into top 5 today.  And that someone trades up for DK.  The risk/reward upside is off the charts and DK presents incredible value in 2nd 

and everything I have read, this draft has 10 or so elite players, but the meat of the draft is rounds 2-4.  Let's hold on to 2, 3, 4, 4.    Use the other picks and/or trade players not in out plans next season to move up if we must

OR.................

103537.png&h=64&w=64&scale=cropDE     Jaylon Ferguson

6'5"271 lbs Louisiana Tech

Pre-Draft Analysis

Ferguson is long and explodes off the ball. He threatens with a combination of speed and power rushing the passer. He has active hands but struggles to counter when he doesn't win with his first move. He's a disruptive run-defender who closes well chasing from the backside. There's room for improvement when it comes to stacking and shedding blocks.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Irv Smith Sr would make sense

agree and a big bonus would be a trade right back in for jalen ferguson would rock. can't believe he's dropped.  of course ximines and polite may be had a bit later.

i know i've been rooting a lot for defensive pieces, but if we improve pressure/sacks and run d,  that will get us 10 wins. we got the dt now we need a quality edge or 2.

i'm also hoping for khalil hodge as a sleeper lb pick.

• Like (+1) 1