N'Keal Harry to Pats...CALISE DE TABARNAK!!!!

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Who's going to be throwing to Harry for the next 10 years? Brady at 52?

Polish has its own weird curses, like "Szachkrew Cholerka!" Literal translation: Dog's blood Cholera.

The dog's blood part is one my Polish grandma refused to speak, even when we kids asked her to tell us all the Polish bad words.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Harry is their 1x1 on the outside guy.  They always have a guy that does that, they used gronk in the playoffs in that role - but its why they brought in gordon originally.  If you clog the middle of the field they like having a guy who they can use to exploit those single high safety looks

Absolutely correct. Still less of a concern to me than what they do with their slot receivers and tight ends. If you can take those options away and get a push up the middle (enter Oliver), Brady is far less effective, no matter who is on the outside.

I figure it was a given that the Pats would draft a guy whose name we recognize.  Some of y'all were bound to be unhappy.  I also figure there's no use cryin' over spilt milk.  Beane knows how to draft, and Buffalo is going to get two more good players this evening.  

23 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Absolutely correct. Still less of a concern to me than what they do with their slot receivers and tight ends. If you can take those options away and get a push up the middle (enter Oliver), Brady is far less effective, no matter who is on the outside.

Yeah - the Gronk factor was that they could roll out 22 personnel with Burkhead, Develin, Allen, and Gronk.  You would then at least need 3 LBs on the field or you risk getting run over in the run game.  They then just spread them 4 or 5 wide with gronk and edelman on the same side and force your LBs to cover all over the field, get you out of a blitz formation, and force you into man coverages/single high looks where you have a corner or safety covering gronk 1x1.  Which is a recipe for gronk to eat.

Harry will be more matchup driven - teams with weak corners or teams that scheme to take away edelman with safeties.  Just chuck them up to harry on the sideline.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, napmaster said:

Is Methuselah12 going to play 10+ more years?  Or is Hoyer to Harry projected to be the next big QB/WR combo in the league?

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Who's going to be throwing to Harry for the next 10 years? Brady at 52?

Polish has its own weird curses, like "Szachkrew Cholerka!" Literal translation: Dog's blood Cholera.

You guys act like Bellichek or whoever is the coach down the line won’t find a capable QB in the league. Of course nobody will be the next Brady. Maybe ever. 

That still doesnt take away from the fact that Harry is going to be a stud in this league. I’m fact, he may get better once Brady goes because he won’t have to compete with Brady’s boyfriend Edelman after that. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

You guys act like Bellichek or whoever is the coach down the line won’t find a capable QB in the league. Of course nobody will be the next Brady. Maybe ever. 

That still doesnt take away from the fact that Harry is going to be a stud in this league. I’m fact, he may get better once Brady goes because he won’t have to compete with Brady’s boyfriend Edelman after that. 

How many teams have a 40+ year old starting QB and trades away their heir apparent?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How many teams have a 40+ year old starting QB and trades away their heir apparent?

One thing doesn’t have to do with the other regardless. Harry is going to be good. Period. 

8 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

Has Bill B ever even used a #1 for a WR? I don't think so and that is what bothers me. Not to mention that he is best WR in the draft IMO.

Not with NE. Kind of noteworthy that the Pats last 1st round WR was Terry Glenn. That was 23 years ago.

The only drafted WR that even comes to mind is Pedelman, who was a 7th rounder. Have to consider that a grand slam pick. I think they've whiffed on a few, but it's not something you'd hear much about as they continue to chug along with guys like Hogan.

It's tough to say they haven't drafted well because they haven't drafted many. Clearly they view Harry as a top tier player and WR as a major need because it goes against their traditional draft strategy to allocate the top pick to a wideout.

Edited by LSHMEAB

Let's wait until 1. Harry plays an actual NFL game and 2. To see how things change when father time collects Tommy Boy before we bemoan the Pats selecting him. 

Edited by H2o

8 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

Most every Quebecois curse is anti-Catholic-related. I teach English in a French school in Mtl. Technically, my students can curse in English, but if they use that curse they are in major trouble lol. I just created a lesson on QB Josh Allen. The kids went nuts when they saw Allen hurdle Barr...then laughed when I showed TB12 trying to escape the pocket! GO BILLS

Nice to see a fellow Québecois in here

Osti

The Pats* have done many things right, but picking up good WRs in the 1st round is not of them

• Like (+1) 1