N'Keal Harry to Pats...CALISE DE TABARNAK!!!!

6 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

Directly translated, "calise de tabarnak" is " Chalice of the Church"...French Canadian for "godamnit" but way worse. 

Having worked with many French Canadians over the years, I will emphasize your point to the readers.  You involve the RCC in a curse, and it’s far worse than anything in English.

However, in another display of ‘I’m the smartest coach of all time’, Belichick will switch to a run centred offense, and only use Harry to field punts.  Think positive, kids!  ?

51 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Patriots drafting Harry has all but convinced me he’s going to be a bust. When have they ever hit on a WR?

This.  They really struggle to evaluate college WRs.  They’ve never really hit on one. Harry is going to be used as a “big slot” WR to help offset the loss of Gronk in their offense.  It’s still a major downgrade and a big projection on their part.  I lose no sleep over this pick.

I think it's actually an odd pick for NE*** -- they need speed and Harry does not provide that.  I'm surprised they didn't trade out of the 1st.

I'm really glad neither of the Iowa TEs fell to them.

• Like (+1) 1

I like Harry and I think he is going to be very good (I was kind of hoping the Bills could get him in the 2nd); however, when it comes to Brady and the Patriots, it has been far easier to defend against their wideouts  than Gronk (or any good TE) and their slot receivers. Brady's game has always been the quick release, 5 - 7 yard pass. I would have disliked Hockenson or Fant going to them more than Harry.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

Then the horror as I realized we will be torn up by one of the NFLs best WRs for the next 10+ years. 

Is Methuselah12 going to play 10+ more years?  Or is Hoyer to Harry projected to be the next big QB/WR combo in the league?

8 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

This was the guy I hoped we would trade up for mid 2nd round or take next. Directly translated, "calise de tabarnak" is " Chalice of the Church"...French Canadian for "godamnit" but way worse. I'm a Herm fan so I watched a bunch of Sun Devil games this season. He makes the college level look easy. Bloody Pats again.

4 years of high school French and I still thought this was an obscure misspelled Game of Thrones reference. 

Thanks -- this is going straight into my lexicon (I just need to work on that accent a bit)

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

It’s a double FU for us. First the terrible news that we wouldn’t get him. Then the horror as I realized we will be torn up by one of the NFLs best WRs for the next 10+ years. 

Who's going to be throwing to Harry for the next 10 years? Brady at 52?

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

4 years of high school French and I still thought this was an obscure misspelled Game of Thrones reference. 

Thanks -- this is going straight into my lexicon (I just need to work on that accent a bit)

Polish has its own weird curses, like "Szachkrew Cholerka!" Literal translation: Dog's blood Cholera.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This.  They really struggle to evaluate college WRs.  They’ve never really hit on one. Harry is going to be used as a “big slot” WR to help offset the loss of Gronk in their offense.  It’s still a major downgrade and a big projection on their part.  I lose no sleep over this pick.

Has Bill B ever even used a #1 for a WR? I don't think so and that is what bothers me. Not to mention that he is best WR in the draft IMO.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yeah I am not a big fan of Harry.    Love the pick.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, eball said:

I think it's actually an odd pick for NE*** -- they need speed and Harry does not provide that.  I'm surprised they didn't trade out of the 1st.

I'm really glad neither of the Iowa TEs fell to them.

True.

And he's also not quick.

Wallace might struggle to contest passes to him because of his pipe cleaner physique but otherwise I don't see a matchup concern.........he's coverable on all routes.

I think Bills fans need to resign themselves to the fact that the Patriots are going to be allowed to draft every year.

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Who's going to be throwing to Harry for the next 10 years? Brady at 52?

Polish has its own weird curses, like "Szachkrew Cholerka!" Literal translation: Dog's blood Cholera.

Most every Quebecois curse is anti-Catholic-related. I teach English in a French school in Mtl. Technically, my students can curse in English, but if they use that curse they are in major trouble lol. I just created a lesson on QB Josh Allen. The kids went nuts when they saw Allen hurdle Barr...then laughed when I showed TB12 trying to escape the pocket! GO BILLS

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

I like Harry and I think he is going to be very good (I was kind of hoping the Bills could get him in the 2nd); however, when it comes to Brady and the Patriots, it has been far easier to defend against their wideouts  than Gronk (or any good TE) and their slot receivers. Brady's game has always been the quick release, 5 - 7 yard pass. I would have disliked Hockenson or Fant going to them more than Harry.

Harry is their 1x1 on the outside guy.  They always have a guy that does that, they used gronk in the playoffs in that role - but its why they brought in gordon originally.  If you clog the middle of the field they like having a guy who they can use to exploit those single high safety looks