Who to draft on Day 2

18 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

To those saying WR I think next year's draft is more stacked; thus, I think they stay away from it til next year.  I think they go with the deep parts of this class OT, TE, DE.  I would take Irv, Taylor, Ford, Winnovich or Ferguson.  As others have mentioned, throw in a late pick and move up (I don't know the points sorry) to get the guy you want.

Good point.  Next years draft is loaded with skill positions, but weak on online.  Beane is factoring that in with his decision making process.  This years draft is deep at TE.  The bills should draft one today.  And DK in second round is a bargain!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

AJ Brown is 6’ 226 lbs?   Isn’t that a little on the “heavy” side for a WR?

Watch his tape. He's the safest WR prospect in the draft. He can play slot or outside and is physical. I'd love to have that kid on the team. His downside is lack of long speed but we have plenty of burners anyway.

8 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Dalton risner should be considered at 40 lots of receivers left and lots of TE left. Tackles not so much. 

Risner is likely going to play guard in the NFL. Regardless, he’s good enough to warrant serious consideration at 40

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s why I’m all in on DK at this point. He COULD be a 1. He might stink but he could be a 1. Everyone else is a 2 or below IMO. We have bodies at the position. I want a swing at a potential star.

If be happy with DK at this point.

Difference between swinging for the fences on the first pitch and when you're ahead in the count 3-0.

Edited by Joe Miner
  • Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Larry Fitz would have been a better rebuttal to my point, but he is also a generational talent whereas Tyreek Hill is not. 

There are exceptions to every rule.  And there is nothing that says Hill plays as well in a different system, but on the whole, WRs are only as good as their QBs. 

No, Larry Fitzgerald is not a “generational” talent. (This is a good example of why i hate that word.)  He’s played at a high level for a long time, but he’s been first team all-pro only one time.  He’s never been as good as Tyreek Hill is right now.  Never.

DK or Jaylon at 40 if we are lucky again.

cody ford, Murphy, Irv, little, rock ya, would all be great picks as well.  Murphy fits our secondary perfect and could possibly be bpa at 40.   Jaylon and Oliver has been my dream draft scenario.  The Bills D will be fun to watch with a new, improved pass rush!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The experts have been saying it for months.  The 2nd Round of this draft is going to produce the most value of the entire class.

Over the next 20-25 picks, there will still be several players available who could have gone in the 1st Round.  After that is when the drop in talent will occur.

Our best move was not trading back up into the 1st Round.  Our best move will likely be to trade back up into the middle/end of the 2nd Round.

That's the beauty of what Brandon Beane accomplished in free agency, and us being fortunate to land Ed Oliver at #9. 

We don't have ANY desperate needs anywhere on the roster.  Sure there are positions we all would like to add another body.  Some may prefer one position over another (and you can see the arguments all over this board).  But nothing we should be sweating about addressing immediately.

We can stay put and land one of the better WRs in this draft.  Or a very good O-Lineman.  Or one of the Top 3 TEs.  Or possibly the best CB in this class.  Don't get desperate.  Just let someone fall to you.

We can close the thread now.  You hammered every nail right there

44 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Watch his tape. He's the safest WR prospect in the draft. He can play slot or outside and is physical. I'd love to have that kid on the team. His downside is lack of long speed but we have plenty of burners anyway.

We have a lot of solid players.  We need superstars.  DK could be a superstar.  He could also suck.  Whatever...  What we don't need is a guy who blends in with the stable of 2/3 WR's we already have.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

We have a lot of solid players.  We need superstars.  DK could be a superstar.  He could also suck.  Whatever...  What we don't need is a guy who blends in with the stable of 2/3 WR's we already have.

I don't think Metcalf will suck. He just may never be a typical #1 receiver.  He only runs a few routes but he runs them really well.  Teams would absolutely have to account for him and respect his deep threat.

Dalton Risner, Cody Ford, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Irv Smith Jr., Chase Winovich, Jaylon Ferguson, Amani Oruwariye, Greedy Williams, Hakeem Butler, Julian Love. They can't all be gone before we pick at 8 - we will be getting a good player here.

Edited by ndirish1978

37 minutes ago, mannc said:

No, Larry Fitzgerald is not a “generational” talent. (This is a good example of why i hate that word.)  He’s played at a high level for a long time, but he’s been first team all-pro only one time.  He’s never been as good as Tyreek Hill is right now.  Never.

I hate the term "generational" talent. That said, Larry Fitz is a generational talent. He has a produced at a high level for a prolonged period of time, under incredibly tough circumstances, like almost no one before him has.  Tyreek Hill is a one hit wonder and about to be out of the NFL.  While Larry is getting inducted into the hall of fame, Hill will be an afterthought on KC message boards. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I don't think Metcalf will suck. He just may never be a typical #1 receiver.  He only runs a few routes but he runs them really well.  Teams would absolutely have to account for him and respect his deep threat.

To me he is Similar to Dez Bryant in that regard. Limited routes great size and strength.