Who to draft on Day 2

5 minutes ago, APoxOnYou said:

I think i'd take DK. 

Agreed.  Even if all he can do is run go routes, at his size and speed, that's still useful with Allen's arm.  Brown & Foster can run the comebacks etc..

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Right, so provide "context" to prove your contention. The numbers say I'm right. Provide a counter.

I mean, you haven't provided any numbers; I am not sure why I would counter...

But ok, last year Brown was on pace for 1000 yards before Lamar Jackson (a QB notorious for being a terrible passer) was brought in.  Once that happened, the entire Baltimore passing offense shut down. That production is 100% good enough for better than the "3" label. 

Before injury, in 2017, Kroft had like 7 or 8 TDs.  Even by stats alone, he is obviously good enough to be called, at least, a "2" TE.  

1 minute ago, JohninMinn. said:

Too many guards not enough tackles?

We have a pretty decent swing tackle in Waddle.  Dawkins/Nsekhe seem to be LT/RT.  We could use a stud, but could also do a lot worse.

To those saying WR I think next year's draft is more stacked; thus, I think they stay away from it til next year.  I think they go with the deep parts of this class OT, TE, DE.  I would take Irv, Taylor, Ford, Winnovich or Ferguson.  As others have mentioned, throw in a late pick and move up (I don't know the points sorry) to get the guy you want.

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I mean, you haven't provided any numbers; I am not sure why I would counter...

But ok, last year Brown was on pace for 1000 yards before Lamar Jackson (a QB notorious for being a terrible passer) was brought in.  Once that happened, the entire Baltimore passing offense shut down. That production is 100% good enough for better than the "3" label. 

Before injury, in 2017, Kroft had like 7 or 8 TDs.  Even by stats alone, he is obviously good enough to be called, at least, a "2" TE.  

So by your own admission, at BEST these guys are twos. At best. Is that good enough for you to say "let's draft more defense/bpa?"

Edited by Joe in Winslow

So by your own admission, at BEST these guys are twos. At best. Is that good enough for you to say "let's draft mores defense/bpa?"

That’s why I’m all in on DK at this point. He COULD be a 1. He might stink but he could be a 1. Everyone else is a 2 or below IMO. We have bodies at the position. I want a swing at a potential star.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s why I’m all in on DK at this point. He COULD be a 1. He might stink but he could be a 1. Everyone else is a 2 or below IMO. We have bodies at the position. I want a swing at a potential star.

At least SOMEONE gets it. Great post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So by your own admission, at BEST these guys are twos. At best. Is that good enough for you to say "let's draft mores defense/bpa?"

That is an entirely different discussion than what I challenged you on. 

But since this is where we are now: It is a philosophy thing.  TE is the most over rated position in all of sports.  I really don't care if we get anything more than minimum production (500 yards, 4-5 TDs) from my TE, so long as he can block.  The concept of a WR1 is a product of the media, videogames, and fantasy football.  I do not care if we have an all-pro WR if the passing game, on the whole, suffers.  I care how the entire unit plays and looks.  In the end, the WRs only matter so far as the QB throwing them football is good. If we get great production from Allen, the WRs will look like stars.  If we don't, they will look terrible.  That is just how it goes.  WRs get all the credit for the QBs accomplishments.   

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Good enough for me.....I'm sold. Get DK.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For me, Offensive weapons should be the focus in Rd 2

1. DK Metcalf: Highest ceiling of any receiver in this draft (This alone should warrant a 2nd round pick). His best skills match up perfectly with Allen's strengths.

or

2. Hakeem Butler: May actually be the best receiver in this draft.

Edited by billsfan1959

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-best-available-prospects-for-round-2-highlighted-by-drew-lock-greedy-williams-a-j-brown/

Anyone else find it funny, that for the second year in a row, Chris Trapasso's QB1 best quarterbacks in the draft (Mason Rudolph, Drew Lock) are still avalable after round 1? 

Maybe he should stop analyzing quarterbacks? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do think that John Brown has a chance to pull a Marquise Goodwin assuming he's given the reps, but I want DK. I'm legit salivating at the idea of lining up DK & Rob Foster outside with John Brown in the Slot. That is just incredible speed.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-best-available-prospects-for-round-2-highlighted-by-drew-lock-greedy-williams-a-j-brown/

Anyone else find it funny, that for the second year in a row, Chris Trapasso's QB1 best quarterbacks in the draft (Mason Rudolph, Drew Lock) are still avalable after round 1? 

Maybe he should stop analyzing quarterbacks? 

Or else stop using the word, "best" - as I do not think it means what he thinks it means :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

So tyreek hill is only the product of Patrick mahomes' production?

Larry Fitz would have been a better rebuttal to my point, but he is also a generational talent whereas Tyreek Hill is not. 

There are exceptions to every rule.  And there is nothing that says Hill plays as well in a different system, but on the whole, WRs are only as good as their QBs. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Larry Fitz would have been a better rebuttal to my point, but he is also a generational talent whereas Tyreek Hill is not. 

There are exceptions to every rule.  And there is nothing that says Hill plays as well in a different system, but on the whole, WRs are only as good as their QBs. 

Is Deandre Hopkins a product of Tom Savage and Brock Osweiler?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

At least SOMEONE gets it. Great post.

Think he's a great swing at the fences in the 2nd.  He should have never run the shuttle and 3 cone.  Daboll is not going to ask a 240lb wr to run double moves anyways.