Who to draft on Day 2

The best part of this thread is all the talent left on the board after some dumb picks in round 1 (thank you Raiders, GB, NYG, others) ... never thought we'd have a shot at many of these guys listed above at 40 ... if more dumb picks before us ... might get to trade back and still get many listed and get another pick.

But if stay .. Butler, DK, Taylor, Winovich, Risner, Greedy, Ford, Irv, Ya Sin, Samuel (that's 10 and one of those is ours) if we stay put ... VERY HAPPY!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

My guess is the Bills end up with Metcalf-I have no idea if the guy can play NFL football but it would be entertaining for sure as he has gotten more hype than Sammy Watkins did. If not him, probably Taylor or Risner.

this is more a homer pick for me than anything but I want a Domer on the Bills roster I don't much care which round...I think Julian Love CB or Myles Boykin WR either one would look great in a Bills uniform ?

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Ford

McCoy

Risner

too many good WR’s left to list

Good choices, but I'd rather go TE than WR.Not by any wide margin, though. We have several solid WR's that could still get better, but I don't see much beyond average at TE.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Because the talent on the team is disproportionately amassed on defense as it is and the offense needs a shitload of help.

That's why.

We signed six OLmen with over a year of starting experience, two WRs, two RBs, and a TE in free agency...w

Part of why we did this was to be able to sign the BPA, so let's do that. If it's offensive (like the RT who was my second choice to Oliver at 9), so be it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

If Taylor is there at 40 I'd be shocked. Considered by many to be the top tackle in this draft. He would present amazing value at 40. Then trade up and find a way to get H. Butler and this draft could be the stuff of legend. Risner and Campbell would be 1b.

For some reason, hearing about a knee issue brings back memories of Cyrus Kouandjio. Seemed like a good value, but... 

I would pass on Taylor.

29 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Ed Oliver was both the best remaining player at 9 and a guy that filled our biggest need. The next pick now becomes almost impossible to predict now. We could get a CB or TE or WR or DE or OT or Interior OL. I'd be fine with any of those choices. We still need to address the pass rush, but all of those positions could use an upgrade. Even LB, at least for depth and ST, but I'd rather wait. RB is another likely choice, but probably not at 40.

Daboll coached Irv Smith too. That could factor in.

Yes, this will be the most interesting pick as Oliver was a no-brained for them. There are a handful of CB, OL and WR then Smith.  I guess we'll see what Daboll thinks of him one way or another. 

My wish list and strategy

Round 2: Get Taylor, Ford or Irv Smith (May have to move above 38 - Jags - if one of the OTs goes early or if we rate one of these two significantly above the other.

Round 4: If we drafted an OT in Round 2, the get TE  Jace Sternberger. If we drafted Irv Smith in Round 2, then get OG Dru Samia Or McCoy if he falls

Hoping for a run on CB and WR early. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Buffalo said:

Cody Ford and Jace Sternberger.

Jace Sternberger is a terrible blocker, but he can learn to get better and he's an excellent receiver. I think he'd instantly become Allen's favorite target.

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Really hoping for a trade up for DK at this point but there’s a ton of talent left. We should be very happy with who is available at 40 if we stay there. 

I still can’t believe Ed Oliver fell to us at #9......Now we need our big guy at TE or WR.   If a trade gets it done, Beane will work his magic!

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm really tempted to say CB or Oline given who is still there, but I think we desperately need offensive playmakers.

Offensive playmakers won't have enough time to "make plays" if the QB doesn't have the time in the pocket to let the play develop.

The Bills won't become a perennially dominant team until/unless they build a dominant offensive line.

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think DT and TE were our biggest needs as bringing in immediate starters. Once Hock was gone I wouldn’t have taken the next best TE, Fant, at 9. Oliver was BPA and also fills the opening at 3tech. I think it’s a no brainer. I would like a TE in the 2nd. If WR is their BPA at 40 that’s good too, I think they really like Metcalf. Biggest remaining need, to me, is TE. But I’m not big on TE in the 1st so today is a good time to take one. 

Nearly all receivers still available and lots of quality TE still out there.

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

this is more a homer pick for me than anything but I want a Domer on the Bills roster I don't much care which round...I think Julian Love CB or Myles Boykin WR either one would look great in a Bills uniform ?

My boss is a huge ND fan and we discussed Boykin yesterday. He thinks he’s going in the 2nd and I said no way, mid round pick. I like him a lot but I just think he’s caught up in a ton of WRs they will go before him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Over/under on WR taken this round is pretty big.  Maybe 7.5?  They will be popular this round so the Bills should take one if they have a strong preference but there are nice, athletic big recievers available later like Hurd and Boykin.

Ok with WR, OT or DE.  TE in the 3rd or 4th round as I do not favor Irv Smith who is small and relatively unathletic.

My impression was that an edge defender needed to be taken in the top 50 if he were to be a candidate for significant playing time, that's Ferguson and Winovich, I suppose.