Who to draft on Day 2

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Has to be a WR in round 2 or this draft goes down to a C. Really blew an opportunity there at the end of round one with teams looking to deal 

They blew an opportunity to trade up when they can get who they want at 49 without giving up anything?

Ok, got it.

If the Bills go corner at 40 it won’t be Greedy Williams, maybe it will be Byron Murphy but it most likely would be Rock Ya-Sin. Perfect McD guy with a lot of skills and the background. 

I think in no order, this is their top 8

1. Dalton Risner

2. Rock Ya-Sin

3. A.J Brown

4. Irv Smith

5. DK Metcalf

6. Byron Murphy

7. Dawson Knox

&. Joe Juan Williams

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

They blew an opportunity to trade up when they can get who they want at 49 without giving up anything?

Ok, got it.

At 49? Anyway, who do they want, then? 31st passing offense. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

5 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

People would have been ecstatic to have Taylor at 9 and here he is still available.

Leave it to the pros. 

i think Taylor might have a knee injury 

5 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

The NFLN guys called Smith a "move tight end". Do Alabama TEs not block very much?

correct,  

6 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

The NFLN guys called Smith a "move tight end". Do Alabama TEs not block very much?

He is a willing blocker but he’s more of a receiving TE. He’s only 6’2 - I would use him at WR, Hback and TE.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If Taylor is there at 40 I'd be shocked. Considered by many to be the top tackle in this draft. He would present amazing value at 40. Then trade up and find a way to get H. Butler and this draft could be the stuff of legend. Risner and Campbell would be 1b.

6 hours ago, NickelCity said:

The talent on the board says they assuredly did not blow an opportunity. I wanted them to trade up but I'm glad they didn't.

I don't mind them making move to get back into the 2nd with all the talent still on the board, but certainly sitting and waiting through #40 is the right move

• Like (+1) 2

In no particular order...

Risner

Ford

Samuel

Campbell

Ya-Sin

Murphy

I. Smith

I didn’t list Metcalf as I’d like to know why he slid out of the 1st round.  Something must be up.  No go on Greedy.  Guy won’t tackle if his life depended on it. 

7 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

According to Joe Marino ( locked on Bills pod) the Bills are very high on DK Metcalf. Hope he’s there @ 40. If not I’ll take Irv Smith JR.

I too get the feeling they really like metcalf 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

In no particular order...

Risner

Ford

Samuel

Campbell

Ya-Sin

Murphy

I. Smith

I didn’t list Metcalf as I’d like to know why he slid out of the 1st round.  Something must be up.  No go on Greedy.  Guy won’t tackle if his life depended on it. 

I actually don’t think DK “slid”. I don’t think actual teams ever had him as a 1st rounder. I think he will go in the 2nd and that’s about right. 

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let the draft come to them... they will get a good pick at 40..

Use some of Day 3 fodder to trade up with their third pick ..

This, 100%.  Plenty of good players left, don't waste assets when we are up in 8 picks.  Then those saved assets can be used to move up later

• Like (+1) 2

If they don't take DK at 40 I think they'll go:

1.  Risner

2.  Ferguson

3.  JoeJuan Williams

4.  Byron Murphy

I'm leaning more toward those first two.  Ford is also another option.  With so much talent left on the board, here's what I would like to see.

DK is on the board at 40 and we take him there.  Then we use some of the extra ammo and get back into the 2nd and take Ferguson for Edge or Risner or Ford if they are still around.

Edited by NewEraBills