Who to draft on Day 2

My #1 guy for 40 is DE-Jaylon Ferguson. DE/Edge is a sneaky need for us with Zo retiring and Hughes and Lawson potentially UFAs after the season. I don't think McBeane wants to be left with only Murphy on the depth chart next March. Ferguson can come in and do what he does best, rush the passer until he gets a little stronger and more experienced. If Ferguson is gone, maybe Chase Winovich is a possibility at DE/Edge as well. If Irv Smith Jr is there, I'm thinking long and hard about him because after him, the talent at TE drops off a bit. I wouldn't take any of the other TEs til round 3 but there are some good receiving TE projects in there at 74 or later (Sternberger, Knox, Oliver, Warring). I think with how our coach loves his CBs, Byron Murphy would be another thought if he's still available. Murphy has good size, ball skills and is an excellent scheme fit, as he projects as a very good zone corner- unfortunately Greedy does not. Obviously Dalton Risner is a favorite here- a nasty mauler who's also a high character "process" guy. At receiver, while I wouldn't be upset with DK Metcalf at 40, he scares me. I feel like he's got a very high bust probability- although he also has size and deep, straight line speed which our QB could use. I tend to like his teammate AJ Brown better. I feel like he's more of a total package as a receiver and less of a project. If we went defense again at 40, there might still be some solid receivers available at 74, between Riley Ridley, Andy Isabella, Kelvin Harmon and JJ Arcega-Whiteside, I'd take any of them in round 3 or late round 2 if we traded up. We should definitely have some good options at 40... if we stay there. The longer this draft goes the more valuable those extra 4th and 5th rounders get.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Do we stay put at #40 or do a little horse trading to either move up a few to ensure we get our next target or try and get a 2nd pick in Rd 2?

I think there's enough talent in the 2nd round to stay put at #40 but also try to wheel and deal back into the 2nd round for another pick.

1 hour ago, Clemfield2622 said:

People would have been ecstatic to have Taylor at 9 and here he is still available.

Leave it to the pros. 

Campbell, Butler or Taylor. Any of those 3 would be amazing. There's a very simple reason DK is plummeting, poor route runner. He has David Boston the bust written all over him.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I've gotta be honest, there's a lot of good players still on the board, any one of whom I'd be happy with.  We're the 8th pick of the second round, and there is still Taylor, D.K. Metcalf, Greedy, Parris, A.J. Brown, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, Deebo Samuel, Irv Smith...  that's nine guys, and I'd probably be happy with any of them as the pick.  It remains to be seen what's ACTUALLY done, but I trust this front office, and I think they'll pick a good player.

• Like (+1) 2

Projected 2nd round (or better) picks with whom the Bills have had visits:

• Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
  • Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
  • Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida 
  • D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
  • A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
  • Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
  • Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech
  • Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss 
  • Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Why. Wouldn’t it be nice to have two great CBS?

Because the talent on the team is disproportionately amassed on defense as it is and the offense needs a shitload of help.

That's why.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

AJ Brown...if he is there, I expect the Bills to select him.

I agree 100%, I just don't see him making it past the 7 teams before us, so if not AJ, Campbell would be the next player with similar production, and if they are both gone that would likely mean Irv Smith or a top tier O lineman is available. 

44 minutes ago, c-troop said:

I agree 100%, I just don't see him making it past the 7 teams before us, so if not AJ, Campbell would be the next player with similar production, and if they are both gone that would likely mean Irv Smith or a top tier O lineman is available. 

Yes, yes

I was going to say, as far as WR's go, I can see either Brown or Campbell.