Who to draft on Day 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think we will have a choice at WRs actually. Why? We have 7 picks to get to our spot. 

I think AZ goes OL - Protect their new QB 

Indy - might take one of the WRs actually

Raiders - watch Lock go here 

San Fran - DB

Jags OL

Bucs - CB

San Fran's #1 WR is Marquise Goodwin. I'm thinking they'd like an upgrade there. That goes double for the Jags.

Edited by BullBuchanan

30 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The fact the DK has fallen this far is insane. He have to move up to get him. I don't see how the pats took the guy they did.

I remember seeing him in the second round towards the end of the season. Sometimes guys get blown up by the media but to the guys doing the drafting there has been no change in where the player is rated. 

AJ Brown 

Hakeem Butler 

Jaylon Ferguson 

Cody Ford

Greedy Williams

Byron Murphy

Rock Ya Sin

Dalton Risner

Jawaan Taylor

Chauncy Gardner Johnson

Taylor Rapp

DK Metcalf

Kelvin Harmon

I’d be good with any of these players. The safeties are last on my lost tho. 

If they think they need a tackle, seems to be a dropoff after Taylor, Risner, Little but there’s some depth. A lot of depth at WR.  TE doesn’t seem as deep but the remaining don’t have the grades (NFL.com) of some of the top remaining at T and WR.

Having the 8th pick of the 2nd round, if the top talent at WR and T have been taken, best pick could be a TE.

Of the teams picking before the Bills, none seem to have the highest priority at WR but I guess Arizona could add a weapon for Murray. They would seem to more need O-linemen to help protect him.  Jacksonville might take a TE for Foles.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

I remember seeing him in the second round towards the end of the season. Sometimes guys get blown up by the media but to the guys doing the drafting there has been no change in where the player is rated. 

That could be, but from an athletic standpoint, he's probably the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson. If teams were willing to teach Antonio Gates football from scratch, I have to believe you'd find a way to do what you needed to do to get this kid to destroy everything in his path. Maybe there's a flag on him other than his college production, but I think you have to try. I sure wouldn't fault Beane if a kid like that doesn't pan out. You can't coach what he has.

2nd round seems like the perfect time for a WR.

I predict they take either a CB or a Safety. Brandon Beane said "you guys don't believe me, but I'm gonna take the best player available". Well, right now, there's tremendous value sitting out there at S and CB. He'll either get some serious competition for Levi Wallace or he'll get a guy at safety that will allow him to finally run his Big Nickel package.

And to those who say we have too many corners already (and I was in this camp recently):I don't necessarily agree. They'll probably keep 5 corners, right?

White
Wallace
Johnson
Draftee
Gaines vs Johnson for roster spot.

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That could be, but from an athletic standpoint, he's probably the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson. If teams were willing to teach Antonio Gates football from scratch, I have to believe you'd find a way to do what you needed to do to get this kid to destroy everything in his path. Maybe there's a flag on him other than his college production, but I think you have to try. I sure wouldn't fault Beane if a kid like that doesn't pan out. You can't coach what he has.

Fair point, I would be good with giving him a shot at this point.

Edited by brianb386

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Now that Day 1 is over, who would you all like to see fall to us on Day 2? If this is already being discussed, please merge.

I'm thinking either

1)  J. Taylor

2)  DK

3)  Greedy

Dalton Risner for culture, Taylor for need, and B. Murphy for scheme fit.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

A low key great pick. Greedy Williams (Best Cover CB in class). CB2 finally answered. 

Grabby Williams? Dude lacks toughness as well. Doesn't seem like a McDermott pick. 

Byron Murphy is the corner to target 

Edited by DJB