I miss Mike Mayock

Logic

I'm happy what he and Gruden did for us tonight. Thanks Mike!

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Trey Wingo is absolutely awful, but Riddick is very impressive imo

I like Riddick, but hate Kiper and McShay. Dan Jeremiah did good tonight on NFLN

• Like (+1) 1

ESPN does more analysis and more film than NFL at this point. NFL network is way too glitzy. Tomorrow all they will do is talk about today with no highlights or film stuff. ESPN is better at that. I like Riddick and I actually like Kiper who they seeem like they are trying to phase out. 

Wingo and Booger are awful. Wingo is a total douche who makes the worst jokes. He's not funny and he's annoying. 

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We all owe Mike a huge thank you for helping us land a top 3 DT who looks like he'll fit in nicely in Buffalo. 

Yeah but we had a top DT before we gave him away for nothing so that we needed to draft his replacement.

How do we know the new guy has bought in?  What sort of culture does he represent?  How do we know he'll fit in nicely in Buffalo!?

Watched Mayock's interview on NFL Network after the first round and he said he was surprised how many CB's fell.  I felt like dude, take off the Raiders hat and get back on set where you belong.  You just reached for a DE and took a RB in the first round. 

7 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Don’t worry Mayock will be back in 3-4 years 

Having read that, may I modestly suggest that someone put the bug in Marky Mark Davis’ ear about ‘Marv Levy 2.0’?  I think Wrecks would be perfect as GM of the Raiders when Mayock washes out.  ?

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah but we had a top DT before we gave him away for nothing so that we needed to draft his replacement.

How do we know the new guy has bought in?  What sort of culture does he represent?  How do we know he'll fit in nicely in Buffalo!?

Are you seriously pining away for Dareus?

To answer your questions -- the proof will be on the field this fall.  You seem to be pessimistic.  Did you watch Oliver's reaction and hear what he said about Buffalo?  The kid was thrilled to be picked by the Bills.

8 hours ago, Logic said:

Just wanted to say that I legitimately miss Mike Mayock on the NFL Network Draft Coverage. No one else they have is as good or as knowledgeable as him.

...On the other hand, thanks to Mike Mayock the GM for taking Clelin Ferrell, a move without which the Bills would not have been able to get Ed Oliver.

Yea me too... DJ did good tho... but Mike made me leave ESPN alone...Mike made Kiper look like an idiot & I needed more intelligent insight. It was weird not seeing him last night

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

ESPN does more analysis and more film than NFL at this point. NFL network is way too glitzy. Tomorrow all they will do is talk about today with no highlights or film stuff. ESPN is better at that. I like Riddick and I actually like Kiper who they seeem like they are trying to phase out. 

Wingo and Booger are awful. Wingo is a total douche who makes the worst jokes. He's not funny and he's annoying. 

I agree.  I love Kiper, and there were long periods of time when they didn’t go to him.  Get rid of the 4th man(Booger) and make sure your host(Wingo) isn’t hogging the mic. 

• Like (+1) 1

Kiper really didn't talk much last night, IMO.  I too was (well not really) shocked at the playing of the video.  Sorry, I've never had to hit a women, but if I can imagine having to do so it would be in defense of my family...  The kid was 16 defending his sister who was getting an ass whopping and surrounded by all kinds of potential dangers.  I actually applaud the kid.  Women seem to think that they are free to throw the punches and not face any consequences.  Sorry, you attack my family and I don't care who you are, period!

ESPN being so "woke" these days makes me sick to my stomach, frankly.  The kid can play, it was a decent pick, IMO.

Kiper (Although I'm no fan) does most of his important work pre-draft..

Tim-

5 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

The issue for me was Warner. He basically said nothing. 

Jeremiah was trying his best but there was very little chemistry. Hopefully it might improve when Klatt and particularly Davis join on day 2

He's these for QBs and this is 2013 for QBs

5 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

The issue for me was Warner. He basically said nothing. 

Jeremiah was trying his best but there was very little chemistry. Hopefully it might improve when Klatt and particularly Davis join on day 2

I agree on Warner.  I don't understand why they don't just put Bucky on in his spot (I get it, name value) and let DJ & Bucky nerd out, they obviously have chemistry.

3 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

I watched it....typical College Game Day crew antics with the addition of puff pieces by Robin Roberts.  Lee Corso literally left the set for bed time around 10pm...no joke.

Did you notice the game day crew left Lee Corso sitting there with the Giant Haskins Head on for several minutes, when they finally got it off him it looked like he needed oxygen!