I miss Mike Mayock

Logic

Just wanted to say that I legitimately miss Mike Mayock on the NFL Network Draft Coverage. No one else they have is as good or as knowledgeable as him.

...On the other hand, thanks to Mike Mayock the GM for taking Clelin Ferrell, a move without which the Bills would not have been able to get Ed Oliver.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

If Mayock had Ferrell as a top 5 player as an analyst, so many media members would easily hop on that bandwagon. Mayock the GM doing this has everyone scratching their head, though. I won't question it, but like you said Logic, I'm glad that the end result gave us a player we really wanted.

I started watching NFL Network's draft coverage out of necessity (I get the network as part of my NFL Gamepass membership, but do not have ESPN). I'm so glad I did. It is leaps and bounds better than ESPN's, IMO.

52 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Still way better than ESPN-TMZ

I watched the ESPN telecast.  Most people don’t like Kiper but I like his knowledge.  The on camera Kiper/McShay feud must’ve been real, unfortunately but I liked him, too.  Overall, it was OK.  I also didn’t like ESPN showing that video.

Booger McFarland didn’t add much.

There also wasn’t much Adam Schefter and when he got a chance he had no rumors.  Afterwards I read something about a decision to not have him give scoops.

Did anyone watch the ABC broadcast?