Jawaan Taylor??? Why is he still there?

mrags

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Stay away. Big guys that can’t control weight and have back problems are not long term players in the league. 

Sadly, this is a great point.  Sometimes with these big guys, Mike Williams comes to mind, I wonder if they love football or just play it because they are big and good.  A guy like this makes me real nervous.  I’d rather have an undersized guy than one who can’t control his weight in college.

6 minutes ago, zevo said:

All i can think of is Cyrus Kouandjio

Different build but yep.

Cyrus had nerve damage in his left knee........which made it tough for him to get out of his stance unless he was at LT................which wasn't good because the rest of his body was limited to RT.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Stay away. Big guys that can’t control weight and have back problems are not long term players in the league. 

This.  If he can't control weight it also means he's not dedicated/hard worker.   And that's not suddenly going to start happening after he gets a million dollars.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This.  If he can't control weight it also means he's not dedicated/hard worker.   And that's not suddenly going to start happening after he gets a million dollars.

He dedicated himself to controling his weight in High School, it hasnt been an issue in college from what I know, showed up at the combine at 312 if I remember. Knew it was an issue as a Junior in High School and wanted to go to Florida and play, he made it happen, wanted to show the nfl it wasnt an issue showed up to the combine at 312. He will certainly need to continue to manage his weight moving forward to play, but to say he cant control his weight and he's not dedicated in this regard is incorrect imo. I actually think he's shown he is dedicated to do so.

As for the knee injury, I have no idea what it is, but that is what I would think has caused him to drop. Usually information on this type of injury comes out eventually. 

5 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

The other highly mocked OT next to Juwan didn't get picked either right? Good chance one of those 2 or Greedy falls I say pull it. Moreso iffy on DK, but landing a premier OT in the second round would be amazing. I just want a stud OT so bad I may be overrating the OTs available.

Oh yeah and Sweat too. Take a gamble with this pick. The stars are lining up.

You, uh, haven’t really been paying too close attention to any of this have you?

Every year there is a player that everyone has a 1st or 2nd round grade on that falls to somewhere between round 3 and 5. As good and informed as media is there is just some information that isn't available that makes the projection way off on one or two players. Taylor looks to be that guy. I think he does find a home in round 3 as some team will love the value there after possibly filling 2 other needs elsewhere. I don't think the Bills should take him at pick 40 given that there must be something wrong with him. Take DK at pick 40 and then see if Taylor falls to you in round 3. Or take Ford or another blue chipper and trade to the back end of the second if another elite player falls a bit. 

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You, uh, haven’t really been paying too close attention to any of this have you?

yeah apparently not. Thought I had seen all the first round picks already. 

Draft is boring. And 1st especially is too long to just televise a list. Sweat and Jonah Williams are out. I guess I thought the round was over after the 15th pick. There are 15 teams in the NFL correct?