RD 1, Pick 9: DT Ed Oliver, University of Houston

SDS

16 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Talking with Chris Brown.

He's such a fun likeable guy. Can't help but smile watching this. He's going to bring a lot of energy to that locker room.

Super excited about this pick!

• Like (+1) 4

I love this dude.  Just watched the PC -- he is confident without sounding cocky, and he is sincerely happy to be a Bill.  The guy literally got "bored" in college after his freshman year -- he has been waiting for this moment.  So excited.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I love this dude.  Just watched the PC -- he is confident without sounding cocky, and he is sincerely happy to be a Bill.  The guy literally got "bored" in college after his freshman year -- he has been waiting for this moment.  So excited.

Great pick, great attitude

I didn't really know much about Oliver until I started seeing highlights. Sounds like a hard working talented Buffalo kind of kid and a humble god fearing type of culture fit that this team likes. Ability to start making teams fear our inside again. The kid will upgrade the position in a year or 2 over the 80% Kyle we got the last few years as Kyle was slowing down from his peak. I just hope this kid can play at a weight that allows him to hold up against guys he will be giving up 30 lbs to on every play. Kyle can mentor him on how to deal with that I hope.

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I didn't really know much about Oliver until I started seeing highlights. Sounds like a hard working talented Buffalo kind of kid and a humble god fearing type of culture fit that this team likes. Ability to start making teams fear our inside again. The kid will upgrade the position in a year or 2 over the 80% Kyle we got the last few years as Kyle was slowing down from his peak. I just hope this kid can play at a weight that allows him to hold up against guys he will be giving up 30 lbs to on every play. Kyle can mentor him on how to deal with that I hope.

Don't be fooled, this guy has some swagger and edge to him.  It seems like a good combination and he should have every

opportunity to become a leader on the defense as time goes by.