RD 1, Pick 9: DT Ed Oliver, University of Houston

SDS

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

We need to get another disruptive player on the D. I see Winovich, Z.Allen as possibilities.

no we don't lol. the defense can be fixed next year

we need to use the rest of the draft to fix our abysmal offense. if we don't we are looking at another 5-7 win season

8 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

Low risk safe pick here. Would have traded down if Hockenson didn't get picked. 

Lets just all pray Oliver is the next big DT and Hockenson doesn't turn into the best TE of our generation. 

If Oliver turns into the next great DT, what difference does it make what Hockenson becomes?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, XABI64 said:

no we don't lol. the defense can be fixed next year

we need to use the rest of the draft to fix our abysmal offense. if we don't we are looking at another 5-7 win season

The defense ISNT EVEN BROKEN lol.....it was a top 10 NFL defense last season.....Oliver might get it to 5

Would not have a problem if every single pick from here on out was offense......

Let's face it..............

going into the 2018 college football season, Ed Oliver was the number draft prospect for the 20`9 NFL Draft.

We would have been ecstatic in September of 2018 if the Bills had the number one overall pock in 2019 and had our hands on Ed Oliver.

Flash ahead to April 2019, we should all be thrilled that the Bills got him at 9th overall.

Let's hope it all works out. 

And with McDermott and the talent around him, we can't think of anything else but the sky being the limit for this kid.

We shall see.

14 hours ago, Virgil said:

I'm sure he can be great and I know he was considered a top 2 pick going into this past college season.

My issue is that we were two picks from Josh Allen.  We could've used a 4th to trade up and had him.  To be that close.....

We lost Allen and Hock back to back.  I'm having a hard time with that.

Lets take small steps and put this in perspective for you..

ALLEN, HOCK and OLIVER is on your top 3 big board..  Your happy with any one of them right? do you move and loose picks or stay put? I stay put. We got Ed Oliver.. he will be good.. get over it/yourself

• Like (+1) 1

Here is what PFT says about "ED" among other things...

I don't know if Beane has a horseshoe up his butt or not but I am so glad that Gettleman is NOT the Bills GM! I think that finally the Bills have the right mgt team and coach running the show! If only the Sabres were so fortunate...

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What does Aaron Donald do for the rams defense?   Do you think they regret that pick?

He was part of a defense that virtually shut down the Patriots. The reason the why the Rams lost was because of offensive ineptitude not because of their stellar defense. If Goff wasn't so confused that game was easily winnable.

Edited by Green Lightning

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

May be meaningless but I had Quinnen Williams just ahead of Oliver before last night. I watched them both at the draft and for some reason QW looked about 5 years younger than Ed. Like a kid vs a man. Anyone else get that impression? Again may be meaningless and QW is a great player and person, I am not knocking him. It just stood out. 

he definitely looks like a kid. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Greedy has major tackling issues and Murphy is a zone guy only pretty much.  Beginning of round 2 is probably where they should be going. 

You could be right but I think his tackling issues were the result of not wanting to lose millions of dollars ironically causing him to lose millions of dollars. His effort will improve in the pros I suspect.