RD 1, Pick 9: DT Ed Oliver, University of Houston

SDS

More seriously...he's fast, with a good burst, but light.  No small chance he gets swallowed up by interior linemen in the pros.  

But on the other hand...between him and Edmunds, the Bills have some freakish athletic talent up the middle of the defense.  If Oliver can use his speed to shed blocks and/or draw double-teams and make Edmunds freer to make plays, the middle of the defense could be very strong.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Chill. I'm not saying it's a bad pick. I'm just not thrilled with it. 

There were some who thought that Ed Oliver was the top talent in this draft not Bosa or WIlliams.....

Regardless....you got a top 5 talent at 9.......didnt give up one pick to do it and still have 9 picks.   What do you want?

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There were some who thought that Ed Oliver was the top talent in this draft not Bosa or WIlliams.....

Regardless....you got a top 5 talent at 9.......didnt give up one pick to do it and still have 9 picks.   What do you want?

Not saying it's aliens, but....

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Offense.

Like an honest attempt at some weapons for Josh. Who's our TE? would any WR on our team play elsewhere?

Uhh you might be trolling now. Beasly? Brown? Not saying they're the greatest but don't tell me they don't have credibility. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Offense.

Like an honest attempt at some weapons for Josh. Who's our TE? would any WR on our team play elsewhere?

The best TE was taken the prior to Oliver.  

We we took the BPA and he fits a critical need.  

Judging by his reaction he WANTS to play for Buffalo and for McD.  

I have seen many underwhelmed reactions from player we drafted.  Not today.  

• Like (+1) 3