RD 1, Pick 9: DT Ed Oliver, University of Houston

SDS

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

said the Bills sense of community was a big thing he liked. Plenty of good football players don't want glitz and glamour in a city/ region. Football, team and community mean a lot to a lot of players.

Nice horse country minutes from One Bills Drive.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, frostbitmic said:

Yesterday or the day before he was talking about how much he loved the new Bills facilities ... He's gonna love it here.

They were talking about how he was celebrating out in the crowd with Bill's Mafia after being drafted

Strangely enough teams prioritizing DT were all picking after us. That, a QB pick and one unexpected pick is all it took to get Oliver.

8 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Exactly...

It was actually a bit weird to see them stay put and pick the guy everyone said they would/should...

I was thinking...Who is this team?...?

And how the F did this STUD fall to us at #9!  It was a coup that we got a top 3 (at any position) talent at #9.  I don't understand how ANYONE could be anything but super-duper stoked about this pick.  Some people are just not happy about anything.  But this is one of those that, sit back, relax, we got a PLAYA!

• Like (+1) 2

Can he tear off Tom Brady's leg and beat Julian Edelman to death with it?

If he can, I like this pick.

If he can do it during a game, I love this pick.

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Those pants are probably 10 years older than he is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Can he tear off Tom Brady's leg and beat Julian Edelman to death with it?

If he can, I like this pick.

If he can do it during a game, I love this pick.

Those pants are probably 10 years older than he is.

Wait, they don't still make these? Like, the only place to find them is at a salvation army or ebay?

Just now, TtownBillsFan said:

Fortunately, he seems to be into it.  But for the love of him, and all people that have to see it, stop with the ugly zumba stuff.  Just ugly for the sake of ugly isn't clever/fun/special.

Is tradition. We once thought these were awesome. I remember having to have a pair when I was a little white kid.

Love the pick. He is the future of the league. Pass rush is coming more and more from the 3-Tech as opposed to the edge. Chris Jones is more of an inside guy (almost 300lbs), Watt plays all over Houston's defense, and Donald is exactly what Oliver hopes to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Agree. Add to core strength elite athleticism and a rather violent demeanour ( to say the least) and what you get is a great player at a position of dire need. Frankly I'm ecstatic.

Now I'm just hoping our HC can keep his hands off another DB. His head must be spinning.

Yes! He has class as well.

• Like (+1) 1