RD 1, Pick 9: DT Ed Oliver, University of Houston

SDS

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

#violent

said the Bills sense of community was a big thing he liked. Plenty of good football players don't want glitz and glamour in a city/ region. Football, team and community mean a lot to a lot of players.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dubs said:

Oliver was thought of as the top player in the draft before the season started. It’s a great outcome. Very happy Beane didn’t panic and let the board come to him. 

Exactly...

It was actually a bit weird to see them stay put and pick the guy everyone said they would/should...

I was thinking...Who is this team?...?

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

said the Bills sense of community was a big thing he liked. Plenty of good football players don't want glitz and glamour in a city/ region. Football, team and community mean a lot to a lot of players.

He’s a perfect fit.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I don't think people quite get it. Core strength can be as much a God given attribute as speed, agility etc... Ed Oliver is just tremendously strong for his weight. He's a lot like Donald that way.

Yes...and he moves like a cat, he is instinctive as well as powerful! A true modern lineman.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it is trapped wind. Does Aaron Donald get destroyed in the run game?

Correct me if I’m wrong but if I’m not mistaken I read he graded out as an absolutely elite run defender from PFF. And that was playing out of position. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes...and he moves like a cat, he is instinctive as well as powerful! A true modern lineman.

Agree. Add to core strength elite athleticism and a rather violent demeanour ( to say the least) and what you get is a great player at a position of dire need. Frankly I'm ecstatic.

Now I'm just hoping our HC can keep his hands off another DB. His head must be spinning.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 1