RD 1, Pick 9: DT Ed Oliver, University of Houston

SDS

47 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Meh....he's a hell of a player, but honestly I would have rather had the dynamic offensive talent in Hockenson. 

But he was gone.

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

Would have preferred to trade down with Pitt, but I’ll trust the process.

But Pit read the board an dsaw they didn't need to make the deal with us. They guessed right.

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Agreed.

So, are we done for the night? Beane/McD jawing with the press means no ones on the phone..

I think he did the same thing last year  no? So maybe not.

4 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Ok....Beane’s a genius cause he didn’t do anything and the pick still fell in his lap?!?!?

You know that when you do nothing and still have exactly what you wanted just fall in your lap isn’t  called genius..........it’s called luck.

I'll give him credit for not giving into temptation and moving up when it turns out he didn't have to. If you can't appreciate the nuance of that well...

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Beane had to have a clear understanding of what the teams ahead of the Bills were going to do.  There must have been a temptation to give something up to move up a few spaces, but he didn't do that.  "Genius" is probably too strong, but "well-prepared" and "nerves of steel" apply.

I said it jokingly and idiots took it and ran like they usually do.

WOW!! McBeane did it again

2017 RD1 Pick 27 - Tre White

2018 RD1 Pick 7 - Joshua Allen

2018 RD1 Pick 16 - Tremaine Edmunds

2019 RD1 Pick 9 - Ed Oliver

THIS IS HOW YOU BUILD WINNING TEAMS FOLKS!

Obtaining elite talent on rookie deals

I think these 4 will all have multiple pro bowls and be cornerstones at their positions!

McBeane hit another bomb in Round 1 with Oliver!!

I can't believe he made it to 9 , Bills brass must be thrilled they were able to snag a blue chip prospect and immediate starter without giving up any draft capital! I think Williams is better now but Oliver has the higher ceiling

I've said it before and I'll definitely say it again - we struck GOLD with the Combination of Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane , and everybody in between. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

Great pick. Shocked he fell to Buffalo. 

Joe B is sensing a trade up into the end of the first... he's been a soothsayer lately - stay tuned

If they sneak ahead of the patriots and steal a TE it would be awesome 

• Like (+1) 1

Oliver is the perfect 3 tech.  He is an impact player.  Picking at 9 he was a steal.  Beside Star or Harry he will be a terror.   For reference his athleticism scored like he is Micah Hyde.  But is 6-2 285.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2