RD 1, Pick 9: DT Ed Oliver, University of Houston

SDS

Before the draft started, I had resigned myself to the fact that the Bills were getting a very nice 'consolation prize' in Jonah Williams. I am thrilled that Ed Oliver fell to them at 9. The first 8 picks couldn't have fallen much better in the Bills' favor with huge assists from the Raiduhs and G-men. Welcome to Buffalo, Ed! ?:beer:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Before the draft started, I had resigned myself to the fact that the Bills were getting a very nice 'consolation prize' in Jonah Williams. I am thrilled that Ed Oliver fell to them at 9. The first 8 picks couldn't have fallen much better in the Bills' favor with huge assists from the Raiduhs and G-men. Welcome to Buffalo, Ed! ?:beer:

Me too. I was already doing the old familiar thing of consoling myself ahead of time, setting myself up emotionally by talking myself into Jonah or Wilkins. So glad Ed Oliver fall. Still can't believe it. GRUDEN!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Somewhere Tom Brady is frantically calling Guerrero wondering how many more massage hours he will have to schedule after Bills games this year. It’s all about crushing the evil empire, one process draft pick at a time. :thumbsup:

Oliver is an instant disrupter.  He will fill the void left by Kyle’s retirement, and he’ll make Brady cry.

Plus, he seemed to fall in love with Buffalo during his visit.

I had another player in mind, but never thought Oliver would fall to us.  

I’m totally psyched!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jawing = moving their mouths, talking. What’s there to talk about? Kyles replacement.

I guess I misunderstood the vernacular, usually jawing means confrontational, not simply talking. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

he looks a lot like Aaron Donald to me. Not super big but thick with great quickness and great first step.

After the pick, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah compared him to Vikings DT John Randle. more so than Donald.

• Like (+1) 1