RD 1, Pick 9: DT Ed Oliver, University of Houston

SDS

2 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Not a sexy pick? Lmao.

This is as sexy pick as can be. Huge upside. 

Exactly. He dominated in college. He dominated at the combine. He's happy to be a Bill. What's not to like?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Universal praise. We got lucky he dropped. He fills a big need. He's going way lower than he probably should. It's backed by performance over several years and not just combine or physical measurements. It seems to be a personality fit. It's fantastic. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Well, if you read the original post, you'd see why I cared

Do you mean when you pulled your own trade proposal out of your ass to trade with a phantom partner that doesn't exist, just so you can complain?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Do you mean when you pulled your own trade proposal out of your ass to trade with a phantom partner that doesn't exist, just so you can complain?

Obviously.

4th would have been trade value to jump up two spots.  Is that really so crazy to speculate?

I’m excited about having a player on defense with a little nastiness. Does anyone think his size will be an issue? I didn’t watch a lot of him in college. I heard today they used him as a NT in a 3-4 this year and it caused him have an understandable drop off in production. Will he be big enough to play an effective 3 tech in the nfl?