NFL Draft - Day 1 (put your general pick commentary here)

37 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Jawaan Taylor

Cody Ford

Greedy Williams 

Byron Murphy

DK Metcalf

I'm pretty shocked that none of these players went in the 1st round.

The two corners especially. I have said for weeks I didn't think DK or Ford were 1st round locks. Taylor it seems to be an injury issue or else I am sure he would have been. 

With a lot of good players left I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills moved back a few spots in round 2 and then used the extra ammunition to come back up into the end of the 2nd to get two 2nd round picks.

The guy to watch out for is Elgton Jenkins from Mississipi State. Think they see him as a guy who could start early at guard. 

Edited by GunnerBill

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The medicals seemed to be inaccurate.

For Sweat? or Taylor? sorry been posting in several threads. The Sweat medicals from the combine about his heart were said to be wrong but someone here posted that the Bills gave him an "F" based on medicals anyways and took him off their board completely. As far as Taylor goes, well, I think tonight speaks for itself.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

For Sweat? or Taylor? sorry been posting in several threads. The Sweat medicals from the combine about his heart were said to be wrong but someone here posted that the Bills gave him an "F" based on medicals anyways and took him off their board completely. As far as Taylor goes, well, I think tonight speaks for itself.

Sweat.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Right for Sweat it came out that the combine medical was misdiagnosed and his heart is fine. He still slipped, sucks for him. Taylor is much more mysterious.

Must have interviewed badly or had character concerns.  

Or he switched medical charts with Sweat.?

4 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

100 years of bad Giants football. Enjoy Allen scorching your defense.

Yup its not like theyve won several SuperBowls right.?

Quick thoughts from round 1:

Gruden's pick 4 curveball. Seems like quite a reach.

Giants selecting Daniel Jones at 6. ALSO seems like quite a reach.

The above two things combined to make the Oliver to Bills outcome possible. Thanks Gruden and Gettleman!

So glad I don't have to worry about Rashan Gary any more.

So glad I don't have to spend any more mental energy on whether Jonah Williams is a tackle or a guard.

TJ Hockenson, we hardly knew ye.

Falcons were bummed that Dolphins took Wilkins. Atlanta stuck to their board, took Lindstrom at guard. Fans were not pleased.

First one team jumped in front of poor Houston, but didn't take a tackle. Then a SECOND team jumped in front of Houston, and this one DID take a tackle. Houston was stuck reaching for Dillard because they HAD to have a tackle. See "painting yourself into a corner and having to draft for need".

Brian Burns to Panthers is a perfect fit.

N'Keal Harry to Patriots really surprised me.

I thought the Raiders draft stunk from top to bottom. I don't see any of the three guys they drafted being true difference makers.

Onto round 2!

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Falcons were bummed that Dolphins took Wilkins. Atlanta stuck to their board, took Lindstrom at guard. Fans were not pleased.

I would have been too. This is where "bpa" is shown to fail. 

It's also why I'm just not excited with our first round. I could end up being wrong, but I have doubts.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I would have been too. This is where "bpa" is shown to fail. 

It's also why I'm just not excited with our first round. I could end up being wrong, but I have doubts.

What are your concerns with Oliver?  I was hoping for Allen, but once he was gone, I was all-in on Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What are your concerns with Oliver?  I was hoping for Allen, but once he was gone, I was all-in on Oliver.

Size, playing against lesser competition in college.

Also, he's a DT. DTs in general don't thrill me. I'm not saying it's a TERRIBLE pick mind you, just doesn't address many needs.

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Size, playing against lesser competition in college.

Also, he's a DT. DTs in general don't thrill me. I'm not saying it's a TERRIBLE pick mind you, just doesn't address many needs.

We don't need it to address a need. He is an elite talent. This isn't a DT who is gonna just clog up lanes and play the run. This is a guy who will immediately be a pass rush weapon. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

We don't need it to address a need. He is an elite talent. This isn't a DT who is gonna just clog up lanes and play the run. This is a guy who will immediately be a pass rush weapon. 

No? And what if the Bills use their next two picks on defense? Are we really going to hang our offensive hats on guys from the 4th round on AGAIN?

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

They even traded up to get a safety!

I wouldn't do that unless my team was stacked at virtually position, and I thought that the safety was the next Ed Reed.

A safety who I had as my 7th ranked at the position too. Really strange move. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

A safety who I had as my 7th ranked at the position too. Really strange move. 

What I did notice last night is that trade downs didn't fetch big prices, or so it seemed.

To be honest, I think that this is a very weak draft. JMO!!!!!!!

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

No? And what if the Bills use their next two picks on defense? Are we really going to hang our offensive hats on guys from the 4th round on AGAIN?

It depends how the board falls. Reaching for offensive players who are not talented enough to be picked in the spots you are drafting is s bad strategy. The best teams have elite difference makers. You should collect as many of those as you can. There wasn't a wide receiver in this class who met that description. That said I think we go offense with at least one of our two picks tonight.

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

What I did notice last night is that trade downs didn't fetch big prices, or so it seemed.

To be honest, I think that this is a very weak draft. JMO!!!!!!!

As a first round I think it had 6 guys who were head and shoulders clear of the rest and then a lot of guys who it was pay your money and take your choice on. Luckily the Bills got one of the 6.