NFL Draft - Day 1 (put your general pick commentary here)

10 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I am loving this first round.  As more guys fall off the board, the Bills don't have to do anything, they can just let the draft come to them.

image.jpeg.8d178a79388019b84ac2d884ff2a19b3.jpeg

Post of the day!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

That's an interesting pick. I have heard he doesn't have a great work ethic. But his skill set matches up with that offense.

If true, I'd think that changes.

25 minutes ago, WideNine said:

So you don't like tight ends being rated high in a draft as they do not impact winning or losing and edge rushers do.

OK - fair enough, as I have not done any comparisons against a team that had 2 edge rushers go in the 1st. Would think things like coaching, your QB, and how competitive the conference was would factor in the W/L column too.

Maybe too subjective to prove either way.

I don't care about how they're rated. Just glad Bills didn't force getting a TE. I mean maybe it's subjective given the QB and the OC but that's always been my point. The QB needs to be TE friendly the OC needs to get the TE involved. It rarely happens to be incredibly effective.

Edge rushers are easier. Subjective? Maybe, but 2 10 sack (good DE #s) seasons from your 2 edge rushers is huge whereas 2 600 yard, 5TD seasons from your TE's (good TE #s) is.. pedestrian.

Maybe there's no great example of a college team with top 2 impactful players in other positions.. I just witnessed a case study where top 2 TE's didn't work.

TE production is too easy to replace. JMO. Citing Iowa. And thinking of so many other highly rated TEs.

My original post was supposed to be read as a "super sick burn" on teams going Hockenson and Fant. Call it a hot take. But I predict the Bills and the teams drafting BPA after Fant are going to get much more impactful players than the Hockenson and Fant teams. Just like OJ Howard, Kellen Winslow II, Jeremy Shockey, Jermaine Gresham, Eric Ebron, or Vernon Davis. Heck I value RBs over TE. Most any position.

I'll bet my Flutie Flakes Cole Beasley is a more productive safety valve than Fant.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P