Schopp is losing his mind lol

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

In an age where everyone is trying to get every story as quickly as possible, I think his tone was embarrassing and childish.  He took the reports for Gospel and gave no credence to the fact that many of these reports are often wrong or exaggerated. 

Agree to disagree.  

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe and this is crazy, he learned from that Watkins trade.  And What you said about Schopp sums up everyone who talks about sports and politics for a living. 

True. Sports talk involves changing your mind often. And this anti-Schopp thing is creepy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've moved away and tune into WGR every once in awhile after games. I've listened to Schopp for years. Dude just does not come across as a happy individual in general, it's gotten worse over time to the point where "negative radio guy" really seems to be his lane right now. It's interesting radio if you enjoy listening to a guy who clearly doesn't really like what he's doing. Pure, open misery is definitely a bit different than what you normally find.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I've moved away and tune into WGR every once in awhile after games. I've listened to Schopp for years. Dude just does not come across as a happy individual in general, it's gotten worse over time to the point where "negative radio guy" really seems to be his lane right now. It's interesting radio if you enjoy listening to a guy who clearly doesn't really like what he's doing. Pure, open misery is definitely a bit different than what you normally find.

He certainly doesn't appear to enjoy his job, or even sports. He does seem to enjoy fantasy sports and betting, though.

Deep down I don't think he considers himself a Bills fan or even an NFL fan. Maybe a hockey fan. He just seems to go through the motions to me.

EDIT: Which is probably why he gets off on so many meaningless, silly tangents that go on and on for hours. Probably gets sick of sports.

Edited by MJS

4 hours ago, MJS said:

He certainly doesn't appear to enjoy his job, or even sports. He does seem to enjoy fantasy sports and betting, though.

Deep down I don't think he considers himself a Bills fan or even an NFL fan. Maybe a hockey fan. He just seems to go through the motions to me.

EDIT: Which is probably why he gets off on so many meaningless, silly tangents that go on and on for hours. Probably gets sick of sports.

I don’t think anyone playing in 2 dozen fantasy football leagues, as he does, is “sick” of sports per se. MS seems much more sick of the “bureaucracy” of sports, i.e. GMs, coaches, and owners than the games and players themselves.

4 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I don’t think anyone playing in 2 dozen fantasy football leagues, as he does, is “sick” of sports per se. MS seems much more sick of the “bureaucracy” of sports, i.e. GMs, coaches, and owners than the games and players themselves.

He admits to not even watching certain Bills games.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Then maybe it's time for WGR to relieve him of his job. Or maybe he should find a different job on his own accord. I wouldnt miss him one bit if I never heard his voice again.

Can someone who likes Schopp explain a little more about why they like him? To me he doesn't seem to understand football more than a random fan, and he doesn't seem to know the team all that well. He just seems like a random guy with lots of opinions without doing his homework.

So maybe if he was an expert I would value his opinion, but he's not, at least with football. Maybe he knows a lot about hockey or other sports.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Can someone who likes Schopp explain a little more about why they like him? To me he doesn't seem to understand football more than a random fan, and he doesn't seem to know the team all that well. He just seems like a random guy with lots of opinions without doing his homework.

So maybe if he was an expert I would value his opinion, but he's not, at least with football. Maybe he knows a lot about hockey or other sports.

He puts the anal in analytics.