Schopp is losing his mind lol

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Schopp is crazy good at his job. He gets people who hate him to make message board threads giving him attention which his job is...to get attention.

This may be true but the only reason I hear all this is because of second hand information because I will not even turn on GR anymore because of the caliber of programming.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Schopp is crazy good at his job. He gets people who hate him to make message board threads giving him attention which his job is...to get attention.

He is the only guy at all time slots  (on WGR) that is worth listening to IMO.

Sal is a dumb guy and clueless about what's really going on with the Bills; he knows nothing of hockey.

Bulldog is not much brighter and very tough to listen to as he is such a poor speaker; he stammers badly and perpetually has a frog in his throat.

Jeremy is a really dumb guy and just some broadcasting major stooge.

Howard is better than Jeremy and smarter than most of those guys over there but he is kind of laid back and doesn't really say anything worth listening to.  His natural voice is such that he is constantly losing his voice or in danger of losing it.

Murphy's show is Nazi Radio reminding us that the war is going extremely well in Russia each day.  No point in listening there whatsoever. 

The 2 instigators are moronic ex-pro hockey players but at least they are tuned into how things really play out on the inside of a pro sports team and have some useful insights into the Sabres for that reason.  Peters constantly raises his voice to talk over others and violates every broadcasting general rule every day.  

The kids who come on at night or odd hours sound like student interns.

Schopp, though not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, is by far the best broadcasting property at the station.

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Bills fans don't  know how badly they're being played...

Edited by MacGyver

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Sal is a dumb guy and clueless about what's really going on with the Bills; he knows nothing of hockey.

Bulldog is not much brighter and very tough to listen to as he is such a poor speaker; he stammers badly and perpetually has a frog in his throat.

Howard is better than Jeremy and smarter than most of those guys over there but he is kind of laid back and doesn't really say anything worth listening to.  His natural voice is such that he is constantly losing his voice or in danger of losing it.

Murphy's show is Nazi Radio reminding us that the war is going extremely well in Russia each day.  No point in listening there whatsoever. 

The 2 instigators are moronic ex-pro hockey players but at least they are tuned into how things really play out on the inside of a pro sports team and have some useful insights into the Sabres for that reason.  Peters constantly raises his voice to talk over others and violates every broadcasting general rule every day.  

Schopp, though not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, is by far the best broadcasting property at the station.

And that's the best? Exactly why I don't even listen to GR anymore. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Radar said:

The kids who come on at night or odd hours sound like student interns

Because he is?

Just now, OJ Tom said:

So who is getting played, the people that listen and complain, or the people that listen and like it?

The idiots getting all worked up and whining.

I haven’t listened to those guys in 13 years but they were astonishingly bad. They would start a segment with mindless meaningless banter and you would think ok once this is over they will get to the sports topic and then all of sudden you would realize this was the segment topic. It was actually false advertising to have WGR say all sports all the time with this show on the air. I remember during the height of training camp this was an actual segment they did on the air “Is artificial maple syrup on pancakes better than no syrup at all?”  Bulldog would actually deliberate these segment questions. HE would say “no” but drag it out. “Bulldog you mean to tell me you would rather have no pancakes than pancakes with Aunt Jamima?” “Noooooooooooooooo...I mean maybe”. 

As a listener I was like have a nice life guys. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Radar said:

This may be true but the only reason I hear all this is because of second hand information because I will not even turn on GR anymore because of the caliber of programming.

Yeah, that only works if people tune in to check him out.

16 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I haven’t listened to those guys in 13 years but they were astonishingly bad. They would start a segment with mindless meaningless banter and you would think ok once this is over they will get to the sports topic and then all of sudden you would realize this was the segment topic. It was actually false advertising to have WGR say all sports all the time with this show on the air. I remember during the height of training camp this was an actual segment they did on the air “Is artificial maple syrup on pancakes better than no syrup at all?”  Bulldog would actually deliberate these segment questions. HE would say “no” but drag it out. “Bulldog you mean to tell me you would rather have no pancakes than pancakes with Aunt Jamima?” “Noooooooooooooooo...I mean maybe”. 

As a listener I was like have a nice life guys. 

Too bad you tuned out. You missed their syrup draft.

21 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Because he is?

The idiots getting all worked up and whining.

I agree that Schopp is the best guy there, and obviously sets out to generate "controversy". 

I live in Los Angeles, and only listen now and then when I visit Buffalo...it's not very good radio compared to the local LA guys. I have heard Schopp giving "Bills Reports" on an LA station....he is a different guy, and very good.

Perhaps it is the state of small market terrestrial radio, but I think most people that complain just feel it would be nice to have a higher standard from the local guys that interact with the community directly. Instead, their "best" option is a guy like Schopp, who even you agree is "playing" the listeners.

Edited by OJ Tom

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Harsh but I tend to agree.

Sal, seems like a good dude, but his overall awareness and takes on the Bills are often off base and usually too homer for me.  The other day he was spitballing what it might take to move up.  He didnt like the idea of them going all the way up to 3 because itd probably be too expensive, agreed.  Then he went on to say something to the effect of "who knows maybe if it gets to pick 5 or 6, maybe it only takes a 5th rounder to move up."

If you're paid to cover the Bills and the NFL draft youd think he would have a better understanding of the NFL trade value chart.  

In his defense he was spitballing, but theres just a lot of those with him.

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but I absolutely LOVE WGR! When I'm in my car, that's what I have. Love listening to Howard and Jeremy on my ride in...and Schopp and BD on my drive home. I am not a big fan of One Bills Live as I think Murph and Tasker will never disagree with anything Bills. Also not a fan of The Instigators. I find it quite annoying actually, the only decent segment is when Dreger comes on.

WGR 4E!

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

So he is the tallest midget?