Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Based on what everyone else says, that would be a major overpay. 

Well people are stupid.  He would be at worst the 2nd QB in this draft.  For as dumb as the Giants have been, ending up with Barkley and Rosen is a new start to rebuild. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well people are stupid.  He would be at worst the 2nd QB in this draft.  For as dumb as the Giants have been, ending up with Barkley and Rosen is a new start to rebuild. 

And they keep both 1st round draft picks!

Take Allen at 5 and then take Hockenson at 17.

• Like (+1) 1

Would be an excellent move for the Giants presuming it’s for their 2. 

Add a a couple of difference makers on D and still grab your QB of the future.

By the sounds of things an early 2nd is the best the Cards are going to get.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Still a "wrong josher" huh? 

I don't disagree that people are stupid, and I think Rosen makes as much sense as some of these other QB's. But I have to wonder why legitimate sources are saying his value is so dang low... He's been interacting with NFL players and coaches for a year. Makes you wonder. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Still a "wrong josher" huh? 

I don't disagree that people are stupid, and I think Rosen makes as much sense as some of these other QB's. But I have to wonder why legitimate sources are saying his value is so dang low... He's been interacting with NFL players and coaches for a year. Makes you wonder. 

1) it’s insane to make any proclamations of any of these QBs after one season.  In fact it’s stupid when the right and wrong Josh had basically the same passing stats.  Newsflash, they both could be good or they both could suck. 

2) legit news sources before the draft ? 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Anything less than a 1st and they are Idiots. 

What is the Problem with having TWO cost controlled young QBs on your Roster. 

Increases the Odds you found one. 

Development.   Tough to truly develop two young QBs.  You’ll inevitably invest in one of them, and build around his skill set. 

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Im not a fan of Rosen, he was the one QB I didn't want to trade up and get last year.  Was fine taking him if he fell to us and the others were gone, but didn't want to trade up.  I just don't think the intangibles are there.

That being said, thats just my opinion.  Talent is one thing, but you need to be a leader if you are an NFL QB and thats the area I question he develop in.  He is still a first round QB prospect, so his career is far from over and has a ton of upside still.  I actually think this would be a great move for the Giants as AZ already paid the bonus.  So they get him on a salary thats less than most back up Running Backs with all that upside.  

If I am the Giants or Redskins, I would be all over trading for Rosen.  VERY low risk with a guy who was just a top 10 pick last year.  

• Like (+1) 2