Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

This is where Josh Rosen belongs. May Cerberus finally destroy the evil empire. 

I hope all three do well. I just hope Mr. Allen does more well! Punish the evil empire for the next century.

Cards made a huge mistake. 

Edited by Paulus

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is what makes no sense.  If they came out at the same time, Rosen is ranked much higher than Jones.  Now, he has a year of nfl experience.  Plus, he might be cheaper because he went lower.  

Obviously not to Gettleman.  Since nobody was willing to give Arizona anything higher than pick 48, it looks like after seeing Rosen in the NFL in 1 season,  a lot of NFL GMs think at this point that Jones has more upside than Rosen.  If you think the NYG picked Jones at 6 when he would definitely have been there at 17, you are underestimating what the other GMs thought of Jones and overestimating what they think of Rosen.  Gettleman was concerned enough to take no chance on losing Jones before pick 17.  Who knows, maybe the Dolphins would have gladly spent their 1st rounder on Jones but would never think of surrendering it for Rosen.

This aged quite well...

http://arizonasports.com/story/1512166/what-theyre-saying-about-the-cardinals-selection-of-josh-rosen/

In other news, Benoit who just gave us a "C" grade for Oliver, gave the Cards an "A" for Rosen in 2018. <sigh> to have job security like that guy with such meaningless hot air...:P

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think the Fins are clear winners.  Get a top 10 qb for a second rounder.  Worse comes to worse, they draft a guy next year.  I still think he can be very good and he got screwed. 

Either way, dude goes from LA to Phoenix to Miami.  Not bad. 

He should be pissed.  

Can you imagine if that happens and Rosen has a guy drafted in the 1st round on him twice. I mean if that happens what can they even get for a guy that gets replaced twice?

Just now, nucci said:

why would Rosen make you dislike the Dolphins more?

Because he doesn’t like his politics.  That’s Rosen “character concerns.”  He asks questions and speaks up on social issues.  More problematic than Jeffrey Simmons or Tyrell Hill in some teams’ minds. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Warcodered said:

Can you imagine if that happens and Rosen has a guy drafted in the 1st round on him twice. I mean if that happens what can they even get for a guy that gets replaced twice?

...and both times it was the #1 pick of the draft, in part due to Rosen's "contribution" to the team "attaining" that pick.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he doesn’t like his politics.  That’s Rosen “character concerns.”  He asks questions and speaks up on social issues.  More problematic than Jeffrey Simmons or Tyrell Hill in some teams’ minds. 

Will Bosa's politics be an issue in San Fran?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly, it can happen with any young qb.  If Allen doesn’t improve, we will talk about replacing him. Same with Darnold.  They don’t let you develop qbs anymore.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

why would Rosen make you dislike the Dolphins more?

I know, it doesn't seem possible, right? But somehow even though he couldn't hold down the AZ gig, he's still managed that one. :thumbsup: Sorry, just don't like him (from a fan standpoint only--I have no idea how he's like in "real life," FWIW).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

can u imagine, rosen, darnold and allen all in the afc east

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I know, it doesn't seem possible, right? But somehow even though he couldn't hold down the AZ gig, he's still managed that one. :thumbsup: Sorry, just don't like him (from a fan standpoint only--I have no idea how he's like in "real life," FWIW).

ahh, ok

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Will Bosa's politics be an issue in San Fran?

That’s what I don’t get.  Part of what makes football great is you have a wide range of personalities.  I would rather people keep their politics private because I don’t care.  But I would be fine with Bosa and Rosen.  And that did hurt Rosen. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

...and both times it was the #1 pick of the draft, in part due to Rosen's "contribution" to the team "attaining" that pick.

They fired their first year head coach and OC during the season.  But yes, it’s the rookie qb’s fault.