PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Great guy, but sorry, not on board with this.  One day 'retirement' contracts are for players, not fans.

If the Bills want to honor him with a decal or moment of silence before the home opener (assuming he passes of course), that'd be great.

Buffalo Bills brass doesn't agree with you:

Or teams around the league, for example: https://www.chargers.com/video/bolts-surprise-young-fan-with-one-day-contract-166476

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think there is a difference from making a sick kid's day and allowing him to experience 'a day in the life'.

IMO, the Bills have done a great job honoring and bringing joy to pancho and his family.  If and when he leaves this earth, maybe the Bills can decide to honor him with a large photo/mural in the concourse or something along those lines.

Ezra, you have fought the good fight, buddy.  You have proudly circled the wagons and our love shall always be with you.

You can rest now, brother. You've earned it.  We will pick up the flag.  God Bless you and, most importantly, God Bless your family.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Yeah agreed. Love Pancho, but there are other ways to honor him. There are some people who want to put his name on the Wall and I think that’s taking it a little too far.

I agree.  He is a guy all of us can admire but I don’t think even he would agree with this concept.  Some of his charm is that he is an every day guy like the rest of us.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ezra, you have fought the good fight, buddy.  You have proudly circled the wagons and our love shall always be with you.

You can rest now.  You've earned it.  We will pick up the flag.  God Bless you and, most importantly, God Bless your family.

I've heard of people experiencing miraculous recoveries. Pray that Pancho would be so blessed. He has touched pretty much all of us. God bless Ezra and his loved ones.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

14 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

I've heard of people experiencing miraculous recoveries. Pray that Pancho would be so blessed. He has touched pretty much all of us. God bless Ezra and his loved ones.

I hope and pray so, BA, but also there comes a time when even the family lets him know audibly it is OK.

...this isn’t fair.  I know life isn’t fair for any of us...but this just truly isn’t fair.  He should be here with his family, of course, but also with us as his beloved Bills turn things around this year.

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I like the idea of a Pancho statue outside the stadium holding up one hand for a good luck high five as fans walk into the stadium.  Kinda like the ND Play Like a Champion Today sign that everyone touches on their way into the game.    He'd like that too, being in the crowd was his thing, not on the stage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Da webster guy said:

I like the idea of a Pancho statue outside the stadium holding up one hand for a good luck high five as fans walk into the stadium.  Kinda like the ND Play Like a Champion Today sign that everyone touches on their way into the game.    He'd like that too, being in the crowd was his thing, not on the stage.

While it is a very sad story, all of the suggestions(1 day contract, decal on uniforms, some kind of a symbol on wall of fame, tshirts, statue, etc...) are an insult to long time fans(STH) who go back to the rockpile days, been to all 4 Super Bowls, traveled all over the country to follow the team, attended numerous training camps, and stood by this team for 60 years of a lot of ***** football.  

• Like (+1) 5