PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

7 hours ago, uticaclub said:

So 2019 will bring changes on and off the field. We’ve all heard of the new Tailgate Village that they are creating this year, what if we dedicate Tailgate Village to Pancho Billa, he represented everything a Bills fan should be. 

How does everyone feel about that?

No

• Like (+1) 1

There’s been a lot of talk about the best way for the Bills to honor Pancho. From signing him to a one-day contract (before he passed) to putting him on the wall to naming the tailgating village after him. The issue that I have with those ideas is that it puts him in a special class above other fans of the Bills.

This board is filled with Super Fans in their own right, many of whom have or one day will battle for their lives against a terrible illness. I think if Pancho were to receive one of those distinctions then many other fans in similar situations should receive the same treatment from the team, which simply isn’t feasible.

I’ve had Pancho in my thoughts, like so many of you, and the idea occurred to me that what Ezra accomplished was to create a character, Pancho Billa, almost universally loved by Bills fans around the globe. To honor him and his courageous fight what if the Bills made Pancho Billa their official mascot?

Billy Buffalo has never been embraced by the fan base. Imagine someone donning the Pancho costume and serving as our official mascot on the sidelines on game days. Bins could be set up outside the stadium so that fans could donate backpack supplies every game day to keep Ezra’s final wish paying forward.

Just a thought, but I’d love everyone’s thoughts on the subject.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I’ve had Pancho in my thoughts, like so many of you, and the idea occurred to me that what Ezra accomplished was to create a character, Pancho Billa, almost universally loved by Bills fans around the globe. To honor him and his courageous fight what if the Bills made Pancho Billa their official mascot?

Billy Buffalo has never been embraced by the fan base. Imagine someone donning the Pancho costume and serving as our official mascot on the sidelines on game days.

As long as they have his families permission to do it, I'd be okay with it. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

There’s been a lot of talk about the best way for the Bills to honor Pancho. From signing him to a one-day contract (before he passed) to putting him on the wall to naming the tailgating village after him. The issue that I have with those ideas is that it puts him in a special class above other fans of the Bills.

This board is filled with Super Fans in their own right, many of whom have or one day will battle for their lives against a terrible illness. I think if Pancho were to receive one of those distinctions then many other fans in similar situations should receive the same treatment from the team, which simply isn’t feasible.

Billy Buffalo has never been embraced by the fan base. Imagine someone donning the Pancho costume and serving as our official mascot on the sidelines on game days. Bins could be set up outside the stadium so that fans could donate backpack supplies every game day to keep Ezra’s final wish paying forward.

Just a thought, but I’d love everyone’s thoughts on the subject.

Almost certainly not. It seems Ezra was a pretty solid dude, but the buffalo bills should not have a sombrero wearing caricature as their mascot.

while I appreciate your positivity on this; little of it feels like a good idea in practice 

Big_morning_at_The_Teacher_s_Desk_7_8969

$100K donated for Pancho Packs in memory of Pancho Billa

With $100,000 donated toward filling backpacks with school supplies for students in need, volunteers at The Teacher's Desk in Buffalo on Wednesday began getting the pencils and markers in order for an upcoming packing event at New Era Field.

AR6D43RBQBGSHJHO75OKIH3BUQ.jpg

Lorenzo Alexander, other Buffalo Bills help Pancho’s Pack fundraiser reach $100K

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/lorenzo-alexander-other-buffalo-bills-help-panchos-pack-fundraiser-reach-100k.html