PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think this is awesome! And I hate to be that guy.....but it’s always hard to tell what’s legit. I get a half dozen phone calls a day with nonsense. 

Thoughts? 

It's a legit question.  Here is the website for the charity.   http://www.theteachersdesk.org/media/

Their track record and media coverage is pretty inspiring.  The video from the founder is really well done.  The support from various organizations like the WalMart Foundation made me crack open my wallet and you know how much of a cheap bastage I am...

Edited by JoeF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think this is awesome! And I hate to be that guy.....but it’s always hard to tell what’s legit. I get a half dozen phone calls a day with nonsense. 

Thoughts? 

Seems legit. 

Its right on channel 4’s website -

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/donations-for-backpacks-filled-with-school-supplies-being-accepted-in-pancho-billa-s-name/2004378102

$39 to Panchos's pack. $1 for each year... it felt right.

I saw somewhere Pancho wanted school supplies donated in his name instead of flowers.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/donations-for-backpacks-filled-with-school-supplies-being-accepted-in-pancho-billa-s-name/2004378102

It's the best way I felt I could honor him

Edited by RocCityRoller

43104943_1913032312325844_86591812974464

Ezra's first celebration of life will be held this Saturday May 18, 2019. The service will be held at Christ Church Irving, 1750 E. Airport Fwy, Irving, TX 75062. Family will receive guest from 4:30pm to 7:30pm. We wish to honor Ezra's request and ask that everyone wear their favorite team jersey to the service. In lieu of flowers we ask for kids backpacks with school supplies for Panchospacks for Panchoskids. Details for El Paso viewing/service (possible Buffalo, NY) will be coming as soon as possible. We love you and Thank you all for your continued prayers and support during this difficult time. 
Much Love, Veronica

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Thoughts? 

that seems like an awesome cause!  Although, I’m having trouble seeing how that’s 100 bucks worth of supplies.

It’s definitely more than $10 worth though ??

Edited by RiotAct

Glad to see that mod's made a sticky with the Pancho's pack info, I was a little disappointed that my post with all the relevant info was merged so no one would see it.  @Hapless Bills Fan - maybe you could include the News 4 video and or other info in your post?  Up to you I guess but thanks for getting the info before everyone.  

May the spirit of Pancho Billa affect us all !!!

Now lets get his name up on the wall !!!

$25 DONATED AND 1 PANCHO POWER TSHIRT PURCHASED

Edited by ddaryl

Pancho's celebration of life this Saturday is my dad's 83rd birthday. My dad is a cancer survivor so it will make my day even more special.
I believe Pancho's legacy as a super fan is that has connected the players and the fans to the fact that football is just a game in this thing we call life.
Tho we cannot disregard his passion for the game.
He has been an inspiration to both fans, players and the organization.
39 is way to young.
RIP Pancho

"They only let him slip away Out of kindness I suppose"

• Awesome! (+1) 2

So 2019 will bring changes on and off the field. We’ve all heard of the new Tailgate Village that they are creating this year, what if we dedicate Tailgate Village to Pancho Billa, he represented everything a Bills fan should be. 

How does everyone feel about that?

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1