PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

I couldn't even post this story on my Facebook page because it involves cancer. My mother-in-law has stage 4 lung cancer that metastasized and she's housebound and has been in the hospital for Mother's Day.

I lost my grandfather to brain cancer before they could do much in 1983... only higher dose chemo at that time.

I lost my boss to the same cancer that Jimbo has, but he didn't go and get it treated and he literally worked himself to death. I had to read his messages on a notepad because he couldn't speak anymore. I was angry then.

I f**king HATE cancer. HATE IT. Angry AGAIN. I read the tweet from this morning and then I thought about how I read Pancho Billa was going to hospice and I knew it was going to be like this. I come on here to TSW as I always have for 20 years and it's all opinions and BS and some arguments, but this is different and this story hurts badly. We're all human beings and it's just not fair some of us have to suffer like this and it doesn't seem fair.

This 2019 Buffalo Bills season is for you, Ezra. We all love you and through tears in my eyes I wish you peace and your family peace.

GO BILLS, BROTHER... you got your wings.

!@#@.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As awful as cancer is on everyone, hopefully he’s at peace with no regrets and out of continuous pain.  I too lost my mom on my 40th birthday to cancer, my uncle when he was only 53 who’s family was devastated for so long.  I’ll pray for them they can get through their grief and anguish.  

I didnt listen to the entire entire interview from Kim Pegula, but what a class act, and at the end I’m sure Oliver will never regret traveling to Tx to meet Pancho and brought joy to him in the end.  Rest In Peace Pancho.  You will be missed more than I think you even know.  I’m getting those t-shirts for my boys and myself and will wear them vs. our jerseys for our September game we fly to Buffalo.

God I hate cancer. Cancer, Stroke, and Alzheimers has to be the three worst conditions to contract as I’m in medicine and seen what it can do to a pt. And family.

Lots more Our Father’s on their way for the family as Pancho is already in heaven.

• Like (+1) 1

I've always been a proud, optimistic out of state Bills fan but they have handled his unfortunate passing about as first class and beautifully as they could have via social media. 

I'm a little bit prouder today to love the Buffalo Bills. RIP Pancho , your spirit was an inspiration to the world . 

• Like (+1) 2

As many have reported, Pancho asked that instead of flowers, backpacks be donated to children in need.  This request has now been facilitated by Del Reid and The Teacher's Desk organization.  

To give a gift in memory of Ezra “Pancho Billa” Castro, please select #PANCHOSPACK when you make your donation.

http://www.theteachersdesk.org/donate/  

Edited by One Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

As many have reported, Pancho asked that instead of flowers, backpacks be donated to children in need.  This request has now been facilitated by Del Reid and The Teacher's Desk organization.  

To give a gift in memory of Ezra “Pancho Billa” Castro, please select #PANCHOSPACK when you make your donation.

http://www.theteachersdesk.org/donate/  

I think this is awesome! And I hate to be that guy.....but it’s always hard to tell what’s legit. I get a half dozen phone calls a day with nonsense. 

Thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think this is awesome! And I hate to be that guy.....but it’s always hard to tell what’s legit. I get a half dozen phone calls a day with nonsense. 

Thoughts? 

Yeah I hear ya... Del Reid is legit as far as I know... also it was featured on the news, I would expect they checked it out first?  

• Thank you (+1) 1