PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

Sad news, but not unexpected, as other posters have said. I hope that someone from the upper levels of the Bills organization attends his funeral. It seems to be the only fitting way to honor such  a consummate Bills fan.  RIP Pancho.

So he said when he dies, he doesn’t want flowers. He wants people to donate backpacks full of kids stuff they need. 

I have the money to donate but no clue how to do something like that. Bills fans donated to a Tennessee charity, how do we help out one of his dying wishes? 

panchnewz1-1200x800.jpg

Bills GM, coach reflect on Pancho Billa and a loss that resonates

From where he was standing, McDermott could see Castro entering the hotel and observe him approaching the room, and McDermott spoke of “the excitement I felt for him, being able to address the team.”

The head coach watched closely as Castro reflected about the similarities between wearing and removing a helmet or a mask, and McDermott noticed how Castro's talk about gratitude – about the everyday trials faced in life in different ways, by everyone – subtly turned the tables, bringing the players in around him as he finished speaking.

McDermott and Beane were still working through the loss Tuesday when they paused to speak of Castro. They said it was far too early to think of exactly how the team will honor Pancho Billa in a season that includes a Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys in Arlington, a game that Castro – who grew up surrounded by Cowboys fans – dreamed he would be able to attend.

Certainly, McDermott said, the Bills will carry his memory into the season, and he said he was sure Castro, in some way, "will still be watching us very closely."

As for Beane, he met Castro for the first time last summer, on the sidelines during training camp at St. John Fisher College. He said he reached out to shake hands and that Castro, in a typical moment of raw exuberance, grabbed Beane’s hand and pulled him in for a full-blown hug.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

So he said when he dies, he doesn’t want flowers. He wants people to donate backpacks full of kids stuff they need. 

I have the money to donate but no clue how to do something like that. Bills fans donated to a Tennessee charity, how do we help out one of his dying wishes? 

There is a Bills fan page I belong to that has close friends of his on it. I will post this as soon as I get word on a new forum. Hoping it stays up.