PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

1 hour ago, dubs said:

I’m sure there’s red tape and rules to prevent this, but:

I think it would be incredible for the Bills to have a game this year where the helmets were painted like the Pancho Billa mask and the uniforms looked like his poncho. 

You are correct on the rules and red tape.  That is All.

So sad, brother, may your journey into the nether world be one for the books.  You're an inspiration, a friend, and fellow Bills Mafia alum.  When you get to where you're going, first thing you do is "climb a tree and then listen to your thoughts"..

Peace!

Tim-

8 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

This may have been said, but if anyone thinks this is just “another guy” kind of thing, his death is literally on the home page of NFL.com.

Bills superfan Pancho Billa dies after cancer fight

The Buffalo Bills community is mourning the loss of one of its most passionate fans on Tuesday.

Ezra Castro, better known by his superfan persona "Pancho Billa," died on Tuesday morning following a lengthy battle with cancer, his family announced on Twitter. He was 39 years old.

A Texas native and recognizable figure in the Bills Mafia, Castro became a symbol of strength in the Bills community after doctors discovered a cancerous tumor in his spine during the 2017 season, according to the Buffalo News. Bills fans started a GoFundMe page in Dec. 2017 to raise $30,000 for Castro's medical expenses. As of Tuesday, they had raised over $47,000.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills should make September 29th Pancho Billa memorial day. The game against the New England Patriots. Think about this before the a remembrance video on the Jumbo-tron, bring his whole family onto the field so Bills fans can give them love and dedicate the game to his memory just before kickoff. The Bills would be so juiced up they would wipe the Patriots out 48-0. It would be awesome and exactly what Pancho would of wanted. #PanchoPower

Image result for pancho billa

I have us winning this game in my extremely well-thought-out predictions for the season... an official tribute to Pancho during it would just be the icing on the cake!

• Like (+1) 3

My good friend Pancho... may you Rest In Peace. You are already tremendously missed and will always be remembered fondly. The memories you made from the lives you touched to your participation in these last couple of drafts will live on in BillsMafia lore for all time. I’m confident in saying that you will be one of the first things we all think about the day that the Lombardi Trophy comes home to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 3

RIP, Pancho. Thanks for always representing us with class, dignity, and passion. Thoughts and prayers to the family and his myriad of friends. So sad when we lose one of our own and all too soon in the prime of life. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Vaya con Dios, amigo. 

• Like (+1) 3