PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

mead107

RIP Ezra. This one hits hard.

I have always admired you and your dedication and kind heart. 

I take comfort in knowing you are in a better place and are no longer suffering. You shall forevermore have the best seat in the house for every Bills game.

My thoughts and prayers will be with your family during this tragic time.

I cant wait to see how OUR Buffalo Bills will honor your memory.

God Bless you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Don't disagree that some of the ideas are a bit over the top, but I think it's more about what he stood for than it is about him personally. I didn't know about him till last years draft, but I've been inspired by him much since then. I think some form of memorial, or a patch for a home game, or even a statue in the tailgating area are appropriate as he is representative of the men and women who love this team with a love that supersedes fandom. There's something otherworldly about loving a sports team (especially one that has given much anguish to you over the years) that's impossible to explain to those who don't know that feeling and I saw Pancho as an example of that. 

Rest easy Pancho. 

Here's the thing. Most people have lost someone they love, care about or know to some unfortunate set of events. Cancer, heart disease, accident etc. 

This is a thread about a guy that did his thing and reached a lot of people.  You'll get well-intentioned people with suggestions that some might feel are "over the top", but really, why waste the energy in a thread dedicated to the man?  The Bills will do something, or not.  Life goes on, his passing is a tragedy for his family. If a fan on a message board is touched enough by his story to suggest they name a few seats after him, where's the harm?  I'm sure he would agree there are many, many people more deserving of such an honor than he was--it's not a reflection on them or their loss.  This one's about a guy named Ezra who played hard and caught a tough break.  He had some style though. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I’m sure there’s red tape and rules to prevent this, but:

I think it would be incredible for the Bills to have a game this year where the helmets were painted like the Pancho Billa mask and the uniforms looked like his poncho. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Good-bye, brother.  Please rest easy.  Our love goes with you and keep an eye on your family and the Bills from the best seat in the house.

Please forgive me as I am off for a brief prayer, because it is what I do and what I believe...and because I am not sure what else to do.

:cry:

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Here's the thing. Most people have lost someone they love, care about or know to some unfortunate set of events. Cancer, heart disease, accident etc. 

This is a thread about a guy that did his thing and reached a lot of people.  You'll get well-intentioned people with suggestions that some might feel are "over the top", but really, why waste the energy in a thread dedicated to the man?  The Bills will do something, or not.  Life goes on, his passing is a tragedy for his family. If a fan on a message board is touched enough by his story to suggest they name a few seats after him, where's the harm?  I'm sure he would agree there are many, many people more deserving of such an honor than he was--it's not a reflection on them or their loss.  This one's about a guy named Ezra who played hard and caught a tough break.  He had some style though. 

Not sure why you're directing this at me... but, cool?

RIP Amigo.  Prayers to your family.  I know they are hurting, but are proud of your courage.

To the Bills Mafia and Organization:  I am proud to call myself a Bills fan today.  The outpouring of love and support for this man and his family is remarkable.  It came from Mafia members, players (who didn't have to do it), administration and owners.  Class  through and through.  Say what you want about western New York, but they don't make people like this everywhere else. 

Godspeed Pancho.  

• Like (+1) 5